How would a JW list in order ...

by Will Power 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Will Power
    Will Power

Everything done for the individual's own salvation

I always wondered...Is there a plan to be carried out when armegeddon does "supposedly" hit? Is it secret - only baptized JWs know it?

What if the ground starts to split and me and the kids start falling in, along with our pets and toys, do we watch in horror as the husband & father walks away with a goofy smile to join the bunny hop line to the KH?

And what if it was just a natural disaster? and the world didn't end?

WP

• Sargon
    Sargon
    always wondered...Is there a plan to be carried out when armegeddon does "supposedly" hit? Is it secret - only baptized JWs know it?

What if the ground starts to split and me and the kids start falling in, along with our pets and toys, do we watch in horror as the husband & father walks away with a goofy smile to join the bunny hop line to the KH?

Come-on Will, you know it won't come to that. Armageddon is just another fantasy/fairy-tale ranking up there with the brothers Grimm and Mother Goose. The only problem is... it ain't funny.

Sorry to hear about your hubby maybe one day he'll wake-up. hopefully it's before your marraige is destroyed.

• jgnat
    jgnat

It is lovely seeing you all rally to Will Power's side. I am sure she appreciates the support. FYI, Will Power is a proactive and well-informed spouse, just much more quiet about it than some of us. I like Blondie's heirarchy. As a non-JW partner, I see a JW's priorities much as Will Power does. I think a JW's life is founded on fear, rather than love. Who do they fear more than anybody else? The elders! Secret sins are fine, I believe, because in their heart of hearts they know that Jehovah is a kinder judge. So, in the end, Jehovah gets lip service. Upholding His sovereignty, my foot!

Elders
    JW Parents
    Acceptance by Congregation
    WT Articles (GB)
    Spouse
    Self
    Jehovah
    Children
    Jesus
    Widows and Orphans
    the "World"

By the way, I am a woman, too. Not that there is anything wrong with that!

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

2 EscapedLifers said:

There is an unwritten rulebook of a thousand pages of dos and don'ts.

This is the shortest BEST explaination of the hardest thing to deal with being a JW I've ever read...!

Blondie, too in another thread talked about the Official & Un-Official rules -- either way they have you -- Catch-22.

Justice may happen, but, is random at best.

• Will Power
    Will Power

After reading Blondie's review (thank you again) of this weeks study, I am amazed at how & why I came up with this list idea in the first place. IMHO the last interaction between my husband & I drew the ever more defining line in the sand. The results a WT article can have are quick and deadly. All the while the subjects cry "freedom" of choices. We all (outside world) see now how they arrive at their carefully considered choices. Yeah, right.

I don't know Sargon - think it is too Fargon. We all want to do what is best for the ones we love.

(((jgnat)))

Will

• jgnat
    jgnat
    We all (outside world) see now how they arrive at their carefully considered choices. Yeah, right.

Too true. Like compass needles, they all swing towards Bethel.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit