JW match.com. Any good?

by UnshackleTheChains 10 Replies latest jw experiences

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains

Hi all.

No I'm not about to join 😉. The Mrs would never forgive me lol

But out of curiosity, does anyone know of any individuals who have successfully met someone this way?

Had a lurk an noticed some good looking gals there, 😋

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Yes - I know of a handful of current long term relationships and a couple of marriages.

• karter
    karter

Very,very frowned upon by the Elders but i know a few that have met on there and got married.

Karter.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

A few years ago I got a free weeks trial. I don't know if it's changed but I found it to be dissopointing. For example when you sent a message to someone they could only reply if they were also a paying member - that's if they chose to reply at all. I couldn't send alternative contact details through their messaging system e.g email / phone numbers. Most lived just to far away. I recognized some people off the site who I knew and religion aside I just found them to be sadly lacking in real life.

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains

It's probably a good way for some individuals to meet given the fact that JW's in general have no social life.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

I know 2 bros who met their wives on there but when some sisters from the same congregation joined they were "counselled" and warned there would be consequences if they didn't leave.

Both men married women 20+ years their senior and both were German living in UK. Weird coincidence. As far as I am aware they are still married. One couple went to Germany and the other stayed local.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

AMELIA ASHTON:

What you say just proves my point about the Witnesses.

They don't want any single woman getting married because they think they are going to lose a drudge who can't do favors anymore once she's married. It was "okay" for a brother to go on the site for a partner but not for a sister. Consequences? They could kiss my rear-end.

I'm glad I never gave the time of day to any of the users and hypocrites in that religion!

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Nope.

Tried it once, just for kicks.

Nothing but users, psychos, and rejects. IMO

I always said there are only two types of JDub female. Those who are married, and those who are not, for very good reason. That is MY experience..yours may be different.

Let the thumbs down begin!

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains
    Tried it once, just for kicks.
    Nothing but users, psychos, and rejects. IMO
    I always said there are only two types of JDub female. Those who are married, and those who are not, for very good reason. That is MY experience..yours may be different.
    Let the thumbs down begin!

Lol FedUpJW

It's probably safer to go down the old fashioned route of setting up a walking group and invite everyone from a few congregations nearby in the hope of meeting a lady. That way you avoid the users, the psychos and the rejects lol 😂😂😂

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

interesting that it is customised to include questions on your congregational status....but still leaves an option for smoking

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit