How do Witnesses reconcile Isaiah 43:10 with John 1:1

by Vanderhoven7 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• hooberus
    hooberus
    @hooberus

you have left one thing out, Jesus was referred to as "The last Adam" (1 Corinthians 15:45) - was Adam also Divine?

No, Adam was not also God.

Jesus being “the last Adam” is parallel with him being “the second man” (in verse 47.)

This does not exclude him from also being God, nor does it logically require that if he is God (as well as man) that Adam must also have been God.

“The first man is of the earth, earthly: the second man is the Lord from heaven.” 1 Corinthians 15:47

• ThomasMore
    ThomasMore

My translation of the Bible has 1329 pages in it and still we debate whether God is 1 or 3. This tells me that God was not insecure about his makeup, or he could have devoted at least one full page to describing himself and presto! - no more ambiguity.

I have an opinion but I have never felt comfortable about debating with fellow Christians over matters that are not black and white in the scriptures. I used to marvel that WTC dogmatically took a position on every issue from masturbation to chewing gum, despite the lack of indisputable scriptural backing. If I am wrong, I am wrong, but I won't apologize for WTC, that's as dogmatic as I will be.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit