Abuse; congregational reactions in Norway

by TheOldHippie 19 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

If this is for real, then The Watchtower Bible & Tract Society of Norway and the JW victims of child abuse there can thank SILENTLAMBS and Bill Bowen for helping them see the light.

It would be nice to obtain a high quality scan of that letter.

As has been pointed out, what the WTB&TS says and what it does are many times not congruent. You can tell they're lying when you see their lips move.

Now, of course, the WTB&TS has another Malawi/Mexico-type situation on their hands. Will they allow all the other JW children in the world to be abused while ONLY the JW kids in Norway are protected?

It has already been pointed out (above) that JW kids in Norway are better protected from corporal abuse than JW kids anywhere else in the world. If they really are "one people," why do they not have "one law"? Or, if corporal abuse is part of "God's way," how dare they compromise "God's plan" just to accomodate the "Satanic" leaders of Norway? Have they no spiritual spine? Even the serpent in Eden had a spine.

• blondie
  • stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

If true -- then Bill Bowen and other apostates such as this site and SATANS MEDIA --are having an effect -- this has to be good for children in the long term -- IF TRUE

• Pork Chop
    Pork Chop

Bowen has long since ceased to have any credibility with me and his response to what can only be viewed as positive steps in Norway is just another indication that his views are skewed and based for the most part on personal animosity. Granted, he has some basis for personal animosity but that no reason to become bigoted.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    4. If the abuser is found guilty by the court, despite his denial to the elders and despite there only being one "witness" - the victim - he will be df'ed by the congregation.

Items 1 - 3 are all BS... it wasn't until I saw 4 that I thought the policy had any teeth.

In the US it is possible for someone to be convicted of molestation in the courts, but not by the JC. Therefore, if the victem tells ANYONE in the congregation that the person is a child molester, he/she will be DFed for slander.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    I agree with Blondie. Let's see what they DO. I don't care what they SAY.

Very true... actions speak louder than words in a policy.

• Euphemism
    Euphemism
    Porl Chop
    Bowen has long since ceased to have any credibility with me and his response to what can only be viewed as positive steps in Norway is just another indication that his views are skewed

Where's Bowen's response? I didn't see one on his site.

• Pork Chop
    Pork Chop

Euphemism it was on Blondie's post but it seems to have disappeared. Weird. Maybe he recanted?

• avishai
    avishai

"Bowen has long since ceased to have any credibility with me and his response to what can only be viewed as positive steps in Norway is just another indication that his views are skewed and based for the most part on personal animosity. Granted, he has some basis for personal animosity but that no reason to become bigoted." Pork chop has long ceased to have any cred. with ME, as he/she is a constant JW apologist.

• Pork Chop
    Pork Chop

Dude you can fold it until all the corners are square and stick it in your ear.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit