My Daughters Babtism6-9-01(my letter to her)

by Big Jim 16 Replies latest jw friends

• humble
    humble

Congratulations on a very wise daughter. You should follow her example and make amends with our father, Jehovah. It would be a shame for your daughter to live in the new system without you. No one should sacrifice their child because of his/her own pride, and unfounded doubts.

• TR
    TR

I can't think of a better way to write that kind of letter, Jim. Very good.

Humble,

No one should sacrifice their child because of his/her own pride, and unfounded doubts

Please clarify "unfounded doubts".

TR

"Kults Suk"

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster
    I will go I told my wife, but I refuse to shave my beard for the ocassion. I cannot wait to see the expression on peoples faces when they see the wonderfull Mr. Ex-MS with a beard.

As soon as I left my parents roof, beard came. Beard stayed.

BEARDS FOREVER!!!!!!

p.s. Sweet letter.

Slipnslidemaster: I thought you said your dog doesn't bite? That isn't my dog!

• Prisca
    Prisca

Question re: "unfounded doubts"

Since when are "unfounded doubts" a mortal sin?

And pray tell, Sister/Brother "Humble", what right do you have to tell Big Jim to "make amends with Jehovah"? What has he done wrong??? And how are you able to tell what the relationship is between Big Jim and Jehovah?

Have you got any Scriptural backing for your claims? Please let us know what they are, if they exist.

• Flip
    Flip
    The assembly is tomorow and I am dreading having to go there, however I would not want to hurt my daughters feelings,so I will go.

Big Jim, so that going to the assembly won’t be a total waste of time, other than spending time with your daughter, how about taking some notes of your observations to post later?

Although if your daughter sees you're taking an interest, she may think there’s a possibility you’ll have a change of heart.

Flip

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

Yes, I agree with Flip. Please take detailed notes of the convention.

It will lessen the drudgery of being there when you really don't want to be and keep your mind off there not being frozen orange juice and burritos anymore.

Slipnslidemaster: I thought you said your dog doesn't bite? That isn't my dog!

• Big Jim
    Big Jim

The assembly was cancelled due to the flooding here in Houston. However it has been re-scheduled till 6-24 6-25

Thanks for all the replys. (i will keep you posted

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit