Has anyone watched the movie "Stigmata"?

by WireRider 3 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• WireRider
    WireRider

Interesting movie about Biblical cover-ups. "No gospels in Jesus's own words." The Vatican, admittedly the largest collection of all Christian scrolls and documents, would split up pages between translators to keep it secret.

Theme: "Split a piece of wood and I am there. Lift a stone and you will find me."

Fictional - but practical. The Catholic Church tries to hide the fact that a Church is entirely unnecessary in order to have a relationship with God/Jesus.

In the end he does find the Gospel of Jesus - that really discredits all churches in general as fakes and unneeded and unwanted.

• Simon
    Simon

Yes, it's a decent movie, kind of like Supernatural meets the X-Files.

There's also an alternate ending for it which I seem to remember is a bit darker than the release version.

• Syme
    Syme
    Interesting, I watched it just last night!
  • TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

Just a movie... and not a very good one in my opinion...

.: "Split a piece of wood and I am there. Lift a stone and you will find me."

I think that's from the gospel of Thomas. One of the rejected gospels because it wasn;t old enough, circulated enough and/or true enough to be a true gospel.

Other rejected gospels include the gospel of Mary, of Peter, of Judas to name a few others. Interesting reading, but labeled as books not worthy enough for the bible cannon. Interesting that they used a Padre Pio look- a-like. Devout catholic priest who had the stigmata for decades according to his peers. Others thought he did it to himself.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit