Rutherford's Views on Women

by Leolaia 48 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle

lifeisgood, Regarding Misery's post, you do realise that this is something Rutherford wrote?

• drewcoul
    drewcoul

I have nothing to say.....the idiocy stands on it's own. lol

• maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle

My mistake lifeisgood.......I see what blondie said eariler, it was a '61 article, so it couldn't have been Rutherford.

I know I have seen a scan in the past, so I knew it was real, I was worried you thought that misery was making that up.

EDIT: Misery, you may want to attribute your source so that people don't think you're a WT writer.

• Terry
    Terry

I recently started a thread about the secret of how christianty spread (women's influence) and was accused of all sorts of horrible character

traits by the men. Men don't want women spoken of as EVER having had the power to change the world. I constantly read patronizing comments

by the males in religious topics. I don't think it is so much a malicious character as it is INDOCTRINATION from religious training.

The JW religion is steeped in fear of women and the deep-seated need to dominate them.

The Adam and Eve story starts it all.

Bart Ehrman's recent book on forged letters by "Paul" calls into question the validity of these christian-misogynist teachings.

Stand back and watch the melee begin.

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

EDIT: Misery, you may want to attribute your source so that people don't think you're a WT writer

Ohh, my fault. That was a copy and paste from Blondie's article. I just didn't copy the entire thing, only the parts that I found humorous. C'mon do you seriously think anybody could write something like that in 2011? Especially an apostate on an apostate message board?

• maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle

LOL..Misery...I think you're alright, just don't want your apostate reputation tarnished, lord knows we get accused of enough as it is.

• Violia
    Violia

I know a lot of folks have suggested that infers she masturbate "to take care of herself" . This would go against the WtS teachings about masturbation. I think it means she should be extra careful and not allow herself to be alone with a boy at this time to prevent being overwhelmed by these feelings. I don't agree with anything Rutherford said, he is one the foulest persons ever to get into a position of power. Or to put it more bluntly, and arse*ole with a tile.

I think Rutherford was smoking crack but... I have granddaughters and don't want them have sex just b/c their young hormones are running amuck. Sex carries responsibility and if girls only knew that a baby is like being grounded for 18+ years, maybe they would think again .

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

What a crazy guy he seems to have been.

Bangalore

• Heaven
    Heaven

What a crazy guy he seems to have been.

Yeah, he was an ass. He even said so himself. (paraphrasing here ... 1939 - "Young people, do not get married or have children as there is too much work to be done in the months before Armageddon." ).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit