Did anyone see this on Good Morning America?

by ARoarer 12 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• ARoarer
    ARoarer

We have been charging crimes like incest, child abuse, all kinds of welfare fraud, tax evasion, other types of white collar crimes," he said.

Shurtleff said they are concerned about the possiblity of a violent confrontation between released members of the sect and Jeffs because being kicked out of this type of group equals having your entire life destroyed.

"It means you must leave your property, which is owned by the church, leave your business, owned by the church. You now have to leave your wife and children, who are reassigned and given to another man, possibly your brother," Shurtleff said.

http://abcnews.go.com/Sections/GMA/

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Jeffs has ordered 21 top members of the FLDS, including Chatwin, to leave their church-owned homes and their families in what appears to be a play for even more power. Jeffs, who has dozens of wives, is known as "the Prophet." His church members say they believe Jeffs speaks directly to God.

How do people believe this shit?

• Singing Man
    Singing Man

I will tell you these people are so stupid mostly the women, they stay with low life so called men; who are nothing more than leachs of the state. They suck welfair from AZ NV and UT all at the same time, because of their location. they are perverted leachs.

• ARoarer
    ARoarer

And anyone who disagrees is shunned and thier family destroyed. Sound familiar?

• codeblue
    codeblue

I didn't catch the whole segment...just enough to know it was about polygamy and guessed it was the Mormon Church....and yes...I wonder how anybody could go along with that!

• badboy
    badboy

I believe I read something about this,possibly USA 2DAY.

the FUNDALAMENTIST CHURCH JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER-DAY SAINTS in colorado City is in trouble.

• franklin J
    franklin J

Hi aroarer

good to see you posting again.

I did not see this information before your post. Sounds familiar though.

Hope all is well with you and your family

regards,

Frank & Patty

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

No, I didn't catch that program, but I have been hearing lots of stuff on the news about this issue. Seems like there are quite a few cult religions that do great harm to their followers.

If indeed, the government is beginning to look into such matters, it may cause some other groups to re-think many of their policies--including the WTBTS.

/<

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Still,

Look at all the garbage we believed in?

wannaexit

• cypher50
    cypher50

Oh, that is much worse then believing that any day the entire world's system of religion will collapse and then there will be a tribulation unlike anybody has ever seen.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit