News from Court in Europe

by asp59 10 Replies latest watchtower bible

• asp59
  • blownaway
    blownaway

My bet is they move to exclusive cart preaching.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Interesting, this could affect all European JWs.

• careful
    careful

This could be big. Will the org fight it? Tune in later...

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I posted this info on FB stating that the general public here in Australia have no idea what or how much information gathered about the householder is taken by a JW that knocks on their doors.

• Corney
    Corney

The headline "European Court of Justice rules Jehovah’s Witnesses illegally gather personal data" is misleading, as I've shown here, and it will possibly enough for JW organization to instruct publishers not to collect data mentioned in art. 9 of GDPR and to invoke art. 6(1)(f) of the Regulation in respect of other personal data to comply with data protection law. There will be changes, but it unlikely will be necessary to eliminate door-to-door preaching.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I don`t see how you come to the conclusion that this will impact on D2D preaching ?

It just means if anything not to takes notes on the householders personal circumstances and keep a record of it .

• Corney
    Corney
    For example, it will be difficult to make return visits without such records, as like as to collect data about foreign-language speakers.
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

The society will simply hide behind the line "anything INDIVIDUAL witnesses do is out of our hands"

• AverageJoe1
    AverageJoe1

No, because the ruling makes both the individual witness and the organisation data controllers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit