Do I have to be enrolled?!!! Question

by Doubtfully Yours 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Gopher
    Gopher

I knew a woman in our hall, in her 60's (lifelong JW), who for "health reasons" felt she couldn't participate in the school. (I was an MS on the shepherding call when that was brought up.)

But she was allowed to auxiliary pioneer, if my memory is correct. She was always out in service.

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

I know of a regular pioneer that isn't in the school because of health problems. I think she does telephone witnessing or something instead they were always trying to sucker "young ones" into going over to keep her company and do it with her.

• Englishman
    Englishman

Tell them you're having panic attacks and that you're doc insists you avoid all stressors for the next 6 months.

Englishman.

• 1bigwhitedoggy
    1bigwhitedoggy

What's the difference? Just be straight up and resign from the school. It's no ones business as to why. I suggest you either fish or cut bait because the slow fade will take it's toll on you. Why turn in the minimum time when you can turn in NONE?

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

No you don't have to be enrolled. I still attend meetings and I notice that there are many members who are not part of the school.

Since you are considered "weak" they would probably leave you alone.

Just a suggestion if they pester you , tell them that your nerves aren't what they used to be and its too stressful for you to go on stage. This should keep at bay.

Good luck

wannaexit

• Phil
    Phil

Well well, only 1bigwhitedoggy has the solution. GET THE HELL OUT! By doing all these devious things, it makes you no better than the WTS. If you don't like what's going on the only solution is to get out.

I have a daughter that is in this org and she has a practice of shunning her own family. In order to bring matters to a normal family, her sister and her mother and father would have to join this outfit. After 10 years of this it sickens me to think that my own daughter would choose such an organization over her biological family. This is ignorance to the "nth" degree. Get out while you are still sane.

• garybuss
    garybuss

I was only in the ministry school 6 months out of my 30 years with the publishing corporation (long enough to give one reading) and they always accepted my donations and literature sales and they gladly used my free labor and borrowed my equipment. In fact they borrowed my tractor and mower once after they started to shun me. I offered to mow the lot for them and they said, "We don't want you. We just want to use the tractor.". Was I pissed?

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

I was working retail full time. Headed into the holiday season I told the School overseer that I would not be able to take any assignements until after the holiday rush. He accepted my statement, as it was not a request. Some may have whispered, but I didn't care. At the time I was helpingmy mom support my younger siblings. The elders were aware of this and so I didn't have any flack to put up with. When February rolled around, I just became very involved with work and my hooby, and was impossible to get ahold of.

Part of my plan was to be late to meetings and wear my work uniform. Without a tie-JW dress code-I wasn't able to do closing song and prayer, carry mics, or patroll the parking lot.

Good luck.

• shamus
    shamus

LOL, Dark uncle! Too funny.. I should have tried that. Shown up without a tie. Nobody would have spoken to me ever again!

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I really did once remove myself from the school due to health reasons. They were very nice and obliged me. These days lots of JWs have anxiety disorders, panic attacks and depression. It's true, too. You are feeling anxiety about participating in the school. When I became inactive I didn't do it as a deliberate fade. My "fade" was due to physical illness, surgery, all kinds of heavy family responsibilities and anxiety and depression. Basically, unless your cong. happens to be an unusually friendly one, they will soon forget you as you taper off. Sad but true.

Heather

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit