Isn’t concept of sinner itself faulty?

by venus 11 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Drearyweather
    Drearyweather
    Concept that sin is hereditary is the invention of Paul who openly admits that he was not inspired--2 Cor. 11:17

The concept that sin is hereditary was not 'invented' by Paul. Rather, Paul simply explained what was already known to people from long ago:

Surely I was sinful at birth, sinful from the time my mother conceived me.- Psalms 51:5

• venus
    venus

Drearyweather,

Psalm 51:5 is known to any average Bible reader. But this particular thought is not shared by other OT writers, hence it is like an isolated thought. In OT we find many references to sinless persons (Gen 5:24; Ezekiel 14:14 and compare Habakkuk 2:4) Interestingly, even God does not think humans are sinful from birth. (Job 1:8) What was an isolated thought was launched as main subject by Paul, thus Paul became the Father of this school of thought that says we are all sinners by birth. Because people like the idea that we are sinners by birth because of which we are not responsible for the sins we commit, nobody bothered to think that this is actually Paul’s experience not of mine, and experiment to the contrary.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit