WBTS gets foriegn funding in INdia 2000-2001

by Wallflower 10 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Wallflower
    Wallflower

I found this article by accident. Foreign funding for Indian NGOs. 2000-2001 beneficiaries - third biggest the Watchtower and Tract Society. How do they qualify for foreign funding in a third world country, with the amount of they make in the West? What is the funding for, magazine distribution, quick builds. What a tangle web they weave!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Each corporation is legal and financially independent of each other... that is how they do it.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

Excuse me, I did not quite understanding the wording or language here, but does it not say that WT received most from abroad? In other words, from US HQ - Brooklyn?

• avengers
    avengers

Brooklyn screwed their own Branch-Office in India. Study these letters from HQ. Now India gets their money from the world.
    Correct me if I'm wrong.

• yxl1
    yxl1

Wow avengers. I cant imagine the indian congregations were too happy when they recieved this letter. A few quotes stood out:

It seems that the time has come for each of us to assume a much greater personal responsibility to ’honor Jehovah with our valuable things’ – Proverbs 3:9

Ker-ching!

No doubt, the changed circumstances that we now find before us, will allow each of us extended opportunities to show the Devil that his system does not determine whether or not we will do everything in out power to support Jehovah’s side of the issue of universal sovereignty

Ker-ching!

So the local congregations pay their watchtower-tax (buying books mags donations etc) and are now getting no financial help from from mother.

• joenobody
    joenobody

Very confusing... here's an op/ed article from 1999 where the Indians seem to be upset about foreign-funded religious movements:

http://www.rediff.com/news/1999/may/11gupta.htm

• joenobody
  • avengers
    avengers
    The situation in India is piquant. Many of the youngsters are getting bolder. In our city which has about 2000 JWs, there are tiny groups of 'apostates' who are questioning many of the WTS teachings. The internet is no doubt fuelling this. I feel that within 5 years the WTS as we know it in India will change. It may even dissolve or transform into something else.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

All I can think of is those poor brothers and sisters, who have given their all, some of them probably the best years of their lives, now find themselves basically turfed.

• link
    link

I thought for a moment that we were talking big numbers here but a million rupees is only 22,000 U.S.D.

This is small change when you compare it to the extent of their financial involvement in the U.S. and U.K. for example.

link

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit