If you had to choose between Truth or Happiness

by dh 32 Replies latest jw friends

• dh
    dh

If suddenly you were confronted by someone who could grant it, and offered these two choices, which would you choose (if either).

1. (Truth) You can have the answers to all of your questions, know and understand the absolute truth about all things, who we are, where we came from and how it all happened, and most importantly, you will be able to comprehend why. the price of this insight is not cheap... you must leave behind everything you know; family, friends, pets, property, all things you value, you do not get to say goodbye and you will never see any of them again.

Or.

2. (Happiness) You get to live your life out as a regular mortal human, but in a state of bliss, in total happiness devoid of nagging questions and sleepless nights, no worries and nothing at all will trouble you for as long as you live, totally content and without a want in the world.

Which would you choose?

• Satans little helper
    Satans little helper

truth, because then i could strive for happiness with a clear picture of what I had to do to be happy

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Truth. It's all I need to be happy.

• alias
    alias

Truth. I've been ready to move onto the next level for a long time.

alias

• blondie
    blondie

Truth, there can be no true happiness without it, JMO.

• Sassy
    Sassy

I think you need truth. Sometimes the truth can hurt..

but eventually any happiness based on an untruth can come to light, thus breaking all illusions and spoiling your happiness

• Undecided
    Undecided

Neither can happen. We can only strive for happiness but the bad will come to us all and we will never know the real truth of it all.

That is the real truth.

Ken P.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Truth - because the truth sets you free- and freedom brings some of the greatest happiness

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Truth ...

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith

I'll take the blue pill

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit