South Beach Diet update again

by Mulan 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Mulan
    Mulan

I have gotten a couple of PM's wanting to know how I am doing on the diet.

Tomorrow starts week 4, and as of today I have lost 8 pounds. The last time I tried to lose weight was on Weight Watchers and it took me about 4 months to lose 8 pounds and then nothing more would come off. This diet is really working, and is very easy to me. I have no cravings and feel fantastic.

I did buy a new scale because my old digital scale didn't show tenths of pounds, so I went a week thinking I hadn't lost anything more, when I might have lost as much as .8 pounds, but my old scale wouldn't have shown it. I still wasn't discouraged because one of my sons told me that it happens that way for some people, and they do get discouraged and quit because they think it isn't working. I am too determined this time to make it work. I feel like I am always eating, and I love the food and the snacks, so am happy.

For the ladies.................I can now hook my bra on the third set of hooks instead of straining to hook the first one.

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Mulan, I'm so happy that you are having success with your new diet plan. Finding a plan that works with one's metabolism is great. Sounds like you're on your way--and not feeling deprived.

/<

• Mac
    Mac

One word......CortiSlim! (no diet, no exercise, no nuthin') 9 lbs./three weeks!

mac

• SpunkyChick
    SpunkyChick

Mulan - That's great!!! Congrats!!

Mac - What is CortiSlim?

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

I love the recipes in the SB Diet book. Especially the Surprise SB Mashed "Potatoes".

Devon

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

Glad it's working. How does it compare with the Atkins diet? I've tried Atkins and lost ten pounds but just couldn't stay on it and gained it all back. I need something more balanced.

• animal
    animal

My wife is on the maintenance part now, with South Beach. She leveled out where she wants to be.

I, on the otherhand, am still losing even tho I am not dieting like she did and I aint living at home. So far, I went from 240 to 210 since October. New jeans is on the to-do list.

Animal

• animal
    animal

Oh ya.. congrats to all working hard on the SB diet.

Animal

• Mulan
    Mulan
    How does it compare with the Atkins diet?

I don't know a lot about Atkins, but I've been told there are more fats allowed on Atkins, and more vegetables, salads, etc. allowed on SB. It also drastically limits all dairy products, except cheese.

Mainly you eliminate all refined carbs, including sugar. There are still many beans you can eat that give you the full feeling you get with Atkins.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

That's fantastic Mulan. Did you buy the book or are you signed up with them online?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit