Another Kingdom Hall sold

by gerry 13 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• JHK
    JHK

$ 2,600,000 to the heavenly paradise.

The Governing Body Bank has his mind on heavenly hope while clinging to earthly money.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

I do not believe that they would ever loose all their money to abuse cases. Don't get me wrong, I do believe that their are plenty of cases out there that could cost them a whole LOT. However, its one thing to be ordered to pay and another to actually transfer the money over.

Even if they brought Watchtower to bankruptcy, nothing would stop them from first, transferring their assets to a brand new charity: Any name will do. Heck, here is one: The International Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Heck, they could even keep the JW logo.

Put some of the man on top in jail? Sure, they'll go in for a few years and write books on how they were persecuted! Seize their possessions? They own nothing individually, even if they control billions of dollars!

When everyone stops believing these man and everyone leaves, you can bet that some individuals will take advantage of this and fill their personal accounts with what ever is left.

• alanv
    alanv

That sounds like a heck of a lot of money just for a hall

• darkspilver
    darkspilver
    Hey alanv!

That sounds like a heck of a lot of money just for a hall

haha - firstly that's probably AUS dollars? - so just under $2 million US dollars I believe?

also, they weren't buying it for the Hall, but the land....

12,500 square feet of Zone R2 low density residential land

See the photo below - if they can build the same as what's surrounding it, looks like around 10 detached houses could fit on the KH and parking land??

Example nearby house currently for sale for a little under half-a-million US dollars: http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-nsw-berkeley-122439662

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit