What Motivates You to Expose the "Truth About the Troof" to Active JW's?

by imallgrowedup 38 Replies latest jw friends

• Maggie
    Maggie

Hi to those from Pathway's ..not to mess up the cyber waves but, I miss all you at Pathway's too. I hurt for Timothy...do you think the forum's were getting too touchy..i was really enjoying the one on Baptism and the one on Kindness...love to you all and know you are missed.

As far as this question..I spent many many years trying to convince people of something....It will be a long time before I ever ever ever do that again....I am living my life and enjoying it and don't want to live anyone elses or try to get them to understand anything. Just my thoughts

Have a wonderful day it is a new one and we need to rejoice in it ... Maggie

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

When it comes to my parents I want to make them aware because I am worried that in an medical emergency they are going make the wrong choice and refuse blood that might save their lives.

When it comes to my friends I can't bear to see them enslaved and wasting their lives away.

And on a selfish note I would like to see watchtower crumble. It would be small consolation for my wasted life.

wannaexit

• imallgrowedup
    imallgrowedup

Wannaexit -

And on a selfish note I would like to see watchtower crumble.

I think selfish motives are just as valid as any other motive. I can understand feeling as if justice were served should this happen.

Maggie, Blind Zebra and Peacebaby,

Welcome to the board!

Maggie -

I spent many many years trying to convince people of something....It will be a long time before I ever ever ever do that again....I am living my life and enjoying it and don't want to live anyone elses or try to get them to understand anything.

I don't know you yet, but are you saying you think because you spent so long telling others about the "truth" and then finding out it was a lie is a barrier to you sharing the real "truth" with active dubs?

growedup

• Strawberryfieldsforever
    Strawberryfieldsforever

wannaexit

I too am selfish. I would like to see the watchtower crumble. For all the things I missed, holidays, college education, happiness, being looked at as normal and having a normal family life.

• nobody told me
    nobody told me

Because the Watchtower continues to lie to people. God is a god of truth, not half truths. How will people know unless someone informs them?

• peacebaby
    peacebaby

Thank you for the warm welcome everyone!

Hi Maggie! So glad to 'see' you! Can you believe all the broken hearts out there? It's just unimaginable to me.....it makes my heart ache . The only bright spot in it all - our Father is right now wiping away tears and healing hearts. He hears our prayers - and the faith I now have in His love for us through His Son is what keeps me looking up.

I know what you mean about 'trying to convince people of something' for too long. I talked a good talk, too, and am ashamed of the self-righteous, I've-got-all-the-answers, 'you're blinded to the truth' attitude I once displayed. I always thought I had a humble attitude, but I didn't - I learned what the word meant when the 'truth about the troof' humbled me right down to the dirt..... All of my DH's family[never-JW] took the announcement of my 'fade' with relief, and a slight undertone of 'Told-ya-so'. Got a big hug and tears from one SIL - she had a JW aunt, uncle and cousins. The religion caused a huge rift and bad memories in their family.

So, in essence, I told my family, "I thought I knew all the answers, but guess what? I just learned that everything I was so sure of is absolutely wrong! I had it just bass-ackwards! I must be really stupid, blind, ignorant, thick-headed, gullible, a sucker; I'm so confused I think my brain's gonna exlpode!" Do you think anyone would even half-heartedly listen to me now, when I say, "O.K., I've been doing a lot of studying, and now I've got it straight....yadayada..." I can still see it in their eyes - suspicion of me having a lingering mental illness! I can't blame them - LOL! My wonderful DH loves me and supports me unconditionally - truly held me up through the worst of it, even tho' he really didn't get the import of it all - just knew how it was hurting me to the core.... He is a true-blue 'Good Guy'!

I am far removed from any JW friends. I live 'in the boonies', off the beaten path of their travels, evidently. Only ones who stop are the BS conductor, with mags and KMs; and the PO's wife, who happens to be the one who brought me into 'the troof'. I have only talked with her about the lack of love in our congregation. She said 'they don't know how to be real friends.' Hhmmm... If someone did happen to stop for a 'chat', and something did come up in conversation, it would be terribly hard for me to hold it in - I'm afraid it would come spewing out like a perpetual fountain! But I'm afraid my closest so-called-friends have been warned off, as I'm spiritually weak and bad association for not attending meetings..... If I had relatives or parents 'in', I would try, with lots of love and patience to reason with them on something documented, like the NGO thing, the child abuse cover-ups, the switcheroos on the blood, organ transplant, and shunning policies. Then I would get into how and when Christ was replaced as mediator to all mankind by the F&DS...... that really burns me... and I didn't even know it was happening when it was going on - I just numbly agreed with everything presented in the literature, without thinking about the implications..... which is the definition of being a good JW... I may be a little late, but I'm here to say, "THAT AIN"T RIGHT!"

I don't feel I'm called to be a 'denouncer'; there are plenty already and they're doing what they feel they need to do. And that's fine - somebody has to do it! It's just not my personality, you know, to call everyone with the latest bad news. They'll find out the way I did - out of curiosity and in defense of, and with love for, real truth. I feel it has to be an individual journey of discovery that is between one broken heart and God alone. I guess, because this mess was such a devastating crisis for me - a basket case for months - I don't want to be the cause for someone elses 'ship-wreck'. Maybe I'm wrong... I don't know, but .....I feel that my gifts are in comforting, encouraging, empathising with them and loving them - wherever they are on their personal walks.... I know that they are fearful, as I once was, because they[the org.] have made Jehovah into a fearsome, vengeful, killing machine that loves you but will annihilate you for a wrong thought.[How sick!] The harder you work to prove your love to Him, the more certain you are that you are unworthy of 'maybe' being saved at the big A. How that contrasts with the free gift of salvation by grace, from a loving God who wants no one to perish! Hallelujah! Anyway - I'm assured that truth and error will continue to be revealed - revelation after revelation. Side note - I believe the WT will crumble along with all other religious institutions, [organizations, corporations] in the near future - all symbolism removed - hearts exposed....

Philia - Peace and Love through Christ, peacebaby

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

I spent quite a few years as an inactive Witness just simply minding my own business and believing that, although I could no longer be a JW, it was probably fine for those who were still "inside."

Then I began researching on the web and I joined a couple of boards. I read about all of the trauma that they had endured, which mirrored many of my experiences, and I was shocked and appalled. I also began to learn of some of the horrific experiences that former JW friends had gone through, and I knew that I had to speak out.

If I could somehow, by relating what I experienced and what I knew to be true, prevent someone else from suffering in a similar manner, I felt that I would be accomplishing something useful. I spent enough time trying to get people into that cesspool....now I wanted to help some get out before too much damage was done.

• imallgrowedup
    imallgrowedup

Peacebaby -

Thanks for your well-thought-out post. It never occurred to me to think that it could be difficult for someone who has come out of the borg to think themselves uncredible when relating the "real truth", but it makes a lot of sense to me why some could feel this way.

Red Horse Woman -

I couldn't help but think when I was reading your post how it contrasted with Peacebaby's post. Yet, at the same time, I saw it as a continuation of Peacebaby's post - just further down the road. It is interesting to hear your point-of-view because you once were where Peacebaby is now. It would be interesting to know if most Witnesses who initially don't feel as if they can reveal the "truth about the troof" eventually come to the same conclusion you have.

Some very interesting replies to this post....!

growedup

• peacebaby
    peacebaby

imallgrowedup - You discerned correctly - we're all at different places in our emotional and psychological recoveries - and we're also different people with different personalities, backgrounds, heritage, circumstances, up-bringings, scars ..... Unity does not mean uniformity. Just because I say that assertiveness is not in my personality, that doesn't mean that I like that about myself - I look at it as something I need to correct - a weakness. I would rather not cause a fuss - but you know, sometimes a big fuss is just the thing that's needed! I'm shy in most social situations - pair me with another shy person and we'll just smile at each other. That's why I'm always drawn to people with strong personalities - they help bring that out that hidden side of me. ! Good friends bring out the best in each other, so they may learn from me to 'season their sayings with salt', so as not to sound too harsh. I dunno why, but that's the way it's always worked for me, from Kindergarten on....

When I read posts like Redhorsewoman's and nobody told me's[that screen name says it all!], it makes me feel, I dunno, deficient...jealous...guilty....? To take a firm stand - after all, right is right and error should be exposed[and corrected] - instead of letting things happen as they will - is a good thing - brave in the face of adversity, decent and honest. I need that kind of positive encouragement that builds upon my love for the real truth, so thanks to all who give it.

I'm going to start a thread about something that happened to me and my best friend 'in the troof' - that might have colored my view a little on this subject.... she became Muslim....

I still feel that I have too many unanswered questions to be too dogmatic on most subjects. I'm still niggled.... how can I trust my own judgement when I've been duped[but good] into believing the lies with all my heart and mind and strength? Am I being too hard on myself? I don't think so ...I could be like Adam - "That woman you gave me - she deceived me!"... that ol' harlot is to blame, after all...! I'm still workin' on it.... coming more and more to the conclusion that ... the more I learn, the more I don't know! It's the subject of many prayers.....

Remain in the Love of the Christ peacebaby

"Just be patient with me, darlin' - I'm a work in progress!" --- Alan Jackson ---

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

Short answer: Love, compassion, desire to help others.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit