Watchtower study today at meeting

by dustyb 63 Replies latest jw friends

• dustyb
    dustyb

well, looks like they do have a new date for the conclusion of the end, and that we should "be prepared". Even some people that commented said that 90 years of the 120 years have passed by and we should be prepared for the time at hand. 2034 people, 2034.... i've had enough, i'm talkign to the elder about this one, i don't care if i get labelled or not. i'm tired of the bullshit.

(edited to add in)

forgot to add that now that they've done this, they can't change to 1935. they've thrown everything they have into 1914 now that they compare it to the day of Noah. My bets are that they won't get lucky, like usual....any takers??

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

They could still pull out their trump card:1957! As the begining of the last days of this generation that they dropped in 1995.See COC.page 251.1914 would not be dropped as the end of the GENTILE TIMES,but this generation could go on for another additional 43 years.That was the suggestion,seriously considered by three of the Governing Body members back then.Also two others considered it on the back burner so to speak.

They always do the switch and bait game with the numbers and they still have some trump cards left to play.1914 would be a different teaching than what 1957 would bring to the table,43 more years.I'll be over 100 yrs old by then!

Blueblades

• garybuss
    garybuss

Thanks for the update,

At a billion dollars a year, I'd say they just increased their net worth by about 30 billion. Good business decision. Move the end out and start a whole new push of campaigning for donations, collecting rent for assemblies, buying land and building buildings. Smart!

• garybuss
    garybuss

When this fails, they can apply the start date to 1975. All the current eager waiters will have died or left by then.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

This was first discussed here on JWD a couple of months ago.

I'll just bow and humbly say, "SEE, I TOLD YOU SO!."

The biggest problem with 1957 is that the date lacks the bullshit "scriptural" (and pyramidological!)support that 1914 had... er, has..., er, had.

The "basis" for 1957 is Sputnik. Pretty lame, reflects the great depth of thought and reasoning skill of the GB member who made the suggestion.

• El blanko
    El blanko

What was actually said and do you have any background information for me to read?

I have a friend who flirts with association and I'd like to see what he thinks of this apparent "new light".

• somebodylovesme
    somebodylovesme

I'm uninformed... can someone tell me where the "120 years" comes from? Thanks!

SLM

• dustyb
    dustyb

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/65453/1.ashx

read that, that was today's watchtower. blondie's usually pretty good about putting comments about what should REALLY be said at the watchtower a day or two before sunday =D its great

• dustyb
    dustyb

read that, that was today's watchtower. blondie's usually pretty good about putting comments about what should REALLY be said at the watchtower a day or two before sunday =D its great

• blondie
    blondie

Genesis 6:3 (see my review 1-25-04)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit