Stupid, Dumb,....of all the things I've ever done.....

by Sentinel 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Sassy
    Sassy

oh my........not fun.. sure hope the next steps is easier for you than you expect......rather than the opposite

• garybuss
    garybuss

Sentinel, You scared me. I thought something bad happened.

Once I was telling a "problem" to a sage and the problem was something that could be fixed with money. He told me, "Anything that can be fixed with a check, is not a problem, it's a business deal. A problem can't be fixed with a check."

Plumbing can be fixed with a check. :-)

I am the world's worst plumber. I always call one now and my stress level is much better. Happy Sunday, GaryB

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Yes, Mulan, that wax ring is absolutely necessary. You can't re-use what you pull off, as it would probably leak. But that stuff is quite yucky for sure. This is the very first time I've ever dropped anything in the toilet that didn't belong there. Quite embarrassing.

My honey and I got it all put back together and back in it's nice little spot. Sure glad that is all over--but it was an interesting "do it yourself" project. He was a sweetheart through all of it.

We had a lovely lunch together and then we got the parts we needed at Home Depot...that place is great and very close to where we live. It took us less than an hour to get it back together again. He is great at improving and fixing things around the house "if he is in the mood".

/<

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    I went to get a pair of pliers to remove the rest of the bulb. I did not turn off the light switch, nor did I turn the fuse off. I reached up, and you can guess what happened when the pliers touched the wire hanging out of the bulb piece -

BUZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm lucky I didn't kill myself.

Bloody idiot! I won't even THINK of changing a lightbulb unless I'm sure every switch is turned off and every cord disconnected from power points.

(P.S. "Bloody idiot" is not intended to put you down; it's more a sigh of relief that you didn't kill yourself! )

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Yes, I learned a bloody important lesson that day, the hard way. I thought I had turned off the switch.

• missylissy
    missylissy

oh lol. my brother and my cousin were at my grandparents not too long ago, and they dropped sumthing in the toilet, and they tried to get it out by using the toilet brush....haha, the end of the brush got lodged in there, and the handle broke off....made such a mess too. Grampie had to take the whole toilet out and apart....he was not at all impressed.

-missy

• Princess
    Princess
    Plumbing can be fixed with a check. :-)

We run a plumbing company. Visa, Mastercard, Amex and Discover too.

I get so many calls on Mondays from frustrated wives whose husbands tried and failed to fix the plumbing over the weekend. As soon as they leave for work, the wife calls and schedules Steve to fix it. I'm sure the husband puts up a fuss but is secretly relieved to be relieved of his doody...um duty.

Glad you guys got it fixed alright.

Rachel

• Ghosthunter
    Ghosthunter

Everyone will get a kick out of this story and, Sentinel, you won't feel so dumb!

In the first couple of days after starting my current job, I used the bathroom. As I turned around to flush the toilet, my brand new name badge fell right in and flushed right down!!!!! Embarassed as hell, I went in and told my new boss what happened. We both thought it was pretty funny and I made myself a new badge. (I work in H.R., so it was my job anyway.) It kind of became a joke in my department that I was the first person in the whole company to flush their name badge.

A couple of months later, I was walking by that same bathroom and noticed the carpeting outside the door was soaking wet. I opened the door and found about 3 inches of standing water and a toilet going crazy! I called Maintenance, and they came to fix it. After it was fixed, one of the Maintenance guys came to my office and handed me the flushed badge, stinking of the toilet that had been it's home the last two months! The Maintenance guy really thought I wanted it! You can just imagine how it smelled!

Five years later, the incident still comes up and I'll go down in the history of my company as the woman who flushed her name badge down the toilet and flooded the bathroom.

GH

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Ghost, what a story. I can see just how that could have happened! Stuff that goes down usually does cause a problem--sooner or later---sometimes further on down in the line. I bet I know what you did with the old badge! File 13, right?!

Actually, now I don't feel so bad about what I did now. (I think you had an even worse experience) Thanks for sharing!

/<

• gumby
    gumby

"When your shitter starts to overflo instructions"

Firt of all....I used to work with a plummer.......now I lay floors and remove and install poopers all the time. Here what to do if it simply is plugged and is starting to overflo.

1. Run like a bastard! Just kiddin.

Quickly take off the tank lid and push the stopper down. The stopper is that rubber with the chain on it inside your tank that opens and closes when you flush. That will stop water from going into your bowl any further.

2. Run like a bastard! Kiddin again

Turn off the water supply line to your toilet as fast as you can.

3. Call a plummer.......or a friend who like to play in shit. Brag on them when they show up and they may not ask for dough. The plummer will ask for dough, but your loser friend proly won't.

Gumby, the toilet unplugger

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit