Why does God allow people to develop 'forbidden' special powers?

by SM62 197 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Xena,

No if I claim not to believe you I have to prove you wrong....if you want to convince me then the burden of proof rests on youl

From what I could see on this thread no one was trying to convince anyone of anything, they were relating experiences. If you chose not to believe them and challange them, you need to prove them wrong, they have nothing to prove. Or conversely if they aren't hurting you or anyone else, you could just leave them alone.

I don't mind skepics, but I do mind intolerance and ridicule.

Well, Xena, get to work - prove that my flying flaming singing dog does not exist!

If correcting people who believe that 2 + 2 can be 5 or sometimes 37.93 makes me an "intolerant ridiculer" than yes I am, but you might thank me for my correction when tax time rolls around.

• Xena
    Xena

Who said it would or should be easy rem? you??

My daughter has blue eyes....you don't believe me? I don't care if you believe me or not therefore it's not up to me to prove what color they are, you are the one with the "issues" so you prove me wrong. Simple enough to me.

I didn't see where anyone cared if you or anyone else believe them, they were relating what happened to them, their "truth". Not everyone or everything fits into your little boxes, but if you insist on trying to force them in there, it's up to you to figure out how.

• Xena
    Xena

I don't care if your flying dog exists Nathan...and if you want to believe in him I am ok with that...doesn't hurt me...doesn't appear to be hurting you.

I'm curious Nathan, if one of your clients came in and added up 2 plus 2 and came up with 5 would you tell him he was an idiot with obviously a 7th grade education? Or would you find a nicer way to show him where he might possibly be wrong? If you take the first route I have to wonder at how much repeat business you get.

My own feelings on the paranormal is that there are things that at this time cannot be explained by science, what does that mean? I don't know, perhaps in the future science will find a possible explanation...or not...in the mean time I find the experiences I read to be interesting and thought provoking.

• rem
    rem

Xena,

::Who said it would or should be easy rem? you??

Oh, I don't know... Mulan said she can see Auras immediately when looking at someone. I'm sure it took training, but it doesn't seem like it's that hard for her. I used to be able to see spirits quite easily when I was a child. Now I know they weren't spirits, just a combination of my overactive imagination, constant demon-awareness, and fear.

::My daughter has blue eyes....you don't believe me? I don't care if you believe me or not therefore it's not up to me to prove what color they are, you are the one with the "issues" so you prove me wrong. Simple enough to me.

You have not made an extraordinary claim. If you said your daughter had burberry nova-plaid eyes, I would ask you to offer proof. I would not have "issues" if I did not believe you. In fact, those who did believe you without evidence would have "issues".

Simple enough to me.

rem

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

would you tell him he was an idiot with obviously a 7th grade education?

Unless you can come up with an example of any thread on JWD where I've ever told someone they were an uneducated idiot, then you're putting words in my mouth.

Why would you do that?

• Xena
    Xena

This is pointless. lol and I gave up on pointless when I gave up on the dubs

Have a good day

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

(Nathan looks around...)

Did I say something?

Rem, it looks like we've won!

• berten
    berten

>Berten, are you suggesting that supernatural talents have been demonstrated and that the evidence was rejected out of hand by skeptics? >Details, please.

No,I am suggesting that "Skeptics" are just as much "believers" as those that don't call themselves "Skeptics".

They just don't allow "paranormal phenomena" into their beliefsystem...

• Xena
    Xena

I'm sorry Nathan your right you didn't use those words, I lumped you in with rem.

I guess I have my fur up a bit because it bugs me to see people relating their personal experiences and having someone barge in here and try and cram stuff down their throats...and if they don't agree with it being told they are just not comfortable getting out of their "comfort zones" or 7th grade level educations.

• Xena
    Xena
    Rem, it looks like we've won!

Enjoy the fruits of your victory. I would rather be considered a loser than an asshole.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit