Before WTS membership in the UN, were JWS allowed to join the UN?

by fearnotruth22 6 Replies latest jw friends

• fearnotruth22
    fearnotruth22

Any one holding office in the cong must have a good reputaion from people outside. If iit becomes known that an oficer or bethelite has put the wts in a bad light because of some action on his part chances are that the bro would be asked to leave Bethel and if he was a servant he would be asked to move over and let someone else do the job. Im sure that the fds realizes that it was foolish for the wts to join the UN, What I am interested in knowing is if the WTS forbid in the past UN membership to jws and what is the policy today.

I know that jws are not allowed to run for polital office because of neutrality but at the same time jws are allowed to hold the lowliest of offices Notary which are sworn in as any elected official.

• zev
    zev
    What I am interested in knowing is if the WTS forbid in the past UN membership to jws and what is the policy today.

not "specifically", in the last 42 years, that i have been alive, that i am aware of.

• fearnotruth22
    fearnotruth22

so zev, your saying that thewts did allow membership?

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

What would an individual join the UN for? In what capacity?

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

I think that the idea would be so totally ludicrous that no JW would ever consider membership of any sort. The UN was going to be the instrument to turn on religion. Join it? Even now, when JWs are exposed to evidence that the WTB&TS was a member, they find it almost impossible to comprhend. I certainly found it to be next to inconceivable. It would be like telling me that the Society owned stock in weapons companies. Impossible. ...right?

SNG

• fearnotruth22
    fearnotruth22

An argument used to show wt hypocrisy is to suggest that memeber ship was prohibited to Jws. IF that could be proven than it would make the case more solid, if not then it can me argued that membership in the Un does not dicredit the WTS

• Satanus
    Satanus

Yup, all we gotta do is quote the wt condemning other churches for supporting the un, joining it somehow, the wt calling the un a dispicable beast, calling the un satans image on the earth, saying how god hates the un, saying that all that get it's mark on their foreheads will be destroyed by jesus in armageddon, saying how gods name people would never do that, etc. That's all it would take to discredit the wt. You're right.

SS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit