Mother is terrified over talks of peace.

by Searching 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• awake!watcher
    awake!watcher
    My 75 yo mom is excited cause she needs a knee replacement and thinks armageddon will be here any day now. 🤔🙄
  • mikeflood
    mikeflood

'Searching', your mother is pale because she's thinking all kind of horrible things about the end of the world and that on top of that I guess you're not 'in the truth' and could be 'left behind'. Take it easy, tell her that unless there's gonna be peace in the Middle East everybody's safe.! Iran, Syria, Israel and the Palestinians aren't precisely talking about peace these days.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010
    Any suggestions on what I could perhaps tell her to try and steer her from her line of thinking?

Speak to her in terms that she understands and is willing to listen. According to what i was taught as a JW, that's supposed to make us happy because we're close to our reward.

I hope that helps.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

JWs from the Watchtower have this wrong. This is not a prophecy. One reason is that Paul was not a prophet. He was a historian reflecting on Jerusalem and its destruction by Babylon. At a time when they thought they had peace, then the Babylonians came back and destroyed them. The same thing happend when Rom destroyed Jerusalem.

In both occasions Jerusalem was at war. But now there is no war. So a cry of 'peace and security' means nothing since there is peace.

• steve2
    steve2

Why would a JW in good standing turn pale at the prospect of “worldly” peace talks? By their expectations, it means the end is eerily close ( as others have observed, just as war itself signals the end).

What’s wrong with her faith and/or conscience? I’d be sitting her down and asking, “What’s up Mom, that this terrifies you so? You can tell me. I won’t go running to the elders about any of your disclosures.”

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

Or you could just ask your mother why she is being so "presumptuous" by trying to prove Christ's statement false: (Matthew 24:44) “....the Son of man is coming at an hour that you do not think to be it.”

Thief in the night, no man knows the day or the hour, etc., etc.

• oppostate
    oppostate

Just mention the March on the border fence in the middle East it ain't all peace and security

• Sanchy
  • WTWizard
    WTWizard

Unless one makes one's living from war or is determined to use the energy to push global slavery to feed joke-hova, why is anyone afraid of peace? What I AM afraid of is that the agreement would be to have South Korea become full communist like the North is today.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

I agree with Pale.Emporer and the meme Sanchy posted. Anything that happens seems to mean the end is near for Jehovah's Witnesses. It's like a form of paranoia. They see boogymen in the shadows and use their delusions to try and prove their beliefs.

I remember a few years ago and older couple came to my door. They brought up how the "world is getting worse" as time progresses. I kindly shared with them this is just not so. I brought up that violent crime is going down and people are living longer. They wind was just sucked out of their sails. They seemed lost and weren't sure what to say next.

The world has to be a horrible place for Jehovah's Witnesses so it can re-enforce their beliefs. Facts contrary to this make them panic.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit