The Passion of The Christ

by CaptainSchmideo 9 Replies latest jw friends

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo

Anybody been following the development and release of this movie?

An 'R' rated Jesus film, one that portrays a no holds barred depiction of the the beatings, the whippings, and the execution. All dialogue is in the 'original' languages (at first it wasn't supposed to be subtitled, but Mel Gibson finally caved in on this point. Pity).

Advance word is that this is a real experience. Gives new meaning to "Christ suffered and died for our sins." Some of the imagery is said to frighten and horrify the Be-Jeezus out of people (no pun intended).

Anyway, I'm going to see it. Anybody else?

• dustyb
    dustyb

thought about it, but i'd have to drive 2 hours any which way to see it, so iono.

• wednesday
    wednesday

Saw a brief review of it and they said Mel Gibson is only allowing christains to see , jews are not alloowed to preview it, for obivious reasons. I didn't know u could do that, but apparently he is. Of course the jewish community is yelliing, b/c it puts them in very bad light. They say it is very graphic. I plan on seeing it . I think the timing, with Liberman in the elections could not be more interesting.

• Freddy Krueger
    Freddy Krueger

Yes, it looks great, however he did stick to some common beliefs and not on fact. But not too much of a big deal. Dramatic license.

You can see the trailer at www.thepassionofthechrist.com

-Freddy

"This is God!"
  • darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

I will see it if available here. I am more interested in the human aspect of it, and have no religious entrappings what so ever.

• CountryGuy
    CountryGuy

If it comes to my area, I will definately see it.

I don't know about Gibson keeping Jews from seeing the movie. I do know that the Jewish Anti-Defamation group previewed it and were very worried about possible backlash from Christians.

CountryGuy

• Leolaia
    Leolaia
    Yes, it looks great, however he did stick to some common beliefs and not on fact.

I saw part of the trailer. I was a little disappointed that in the scene where he bears the cross, it is depicted in the traditional way which is not historical -- with it over his shoulder. Instead the hands would have been outstretched and latched to the crosspiece. But I guess that would be too jarring to most viewers.

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Looking foward to it! Why the outcry? Since the ACLU has barred the Nativity scene and anything to do with Christianity, who gave them the authority to deny others their SPIRITUAL FREEDOMS?

Can anyone show me from the Bible where God gave MAN a religion? Jesus plainly said, "God is a Spirit, and those worshiping him must worship with spirit and truth." John 4:24

Guest 77

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy
    Of course the jewish community is yelliing, b/c it puts them in very bad light. They say it is very graphic.

I wonder if they (as in those who are complaining about it) would still be complaining if it was simply a movie about the society as a whole and how they exicuted people PERIOD.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

I'm going to see it.

Saw a brief review of it and they said Mel Gibson is only allowing christains to see , jews are not alloowed to preview it, for obivious reasons.

That's just plain BS...there have been Jews preview it...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit