Another kingdom hall up for sale

by pepperheart 18 Replies latest watchtower bible

• ElderBerry
    ElderBerry

They are consolidating congregations

they want as many congregations sharing as few a halls as possible

• blondie
    blondie

In our area, we have 4 congregations in one hall, another has 3 congregations, consolidating is the trend, it means that some of the 4 congregations have to have the traditional Sunday meetings on Saturday, and mid-week on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. I think some of the old-timers see this a big change from pre-1975 when KHs were being built and seated 250 people, (yes). For some congregations it means traveling farther such as 30 miles one way (60 miles total).

• Vidiot
  • blondie
    blondie

Vidiot, hahahahaha

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Do you recall several years ago there was the discussion that 100s or 1000s of new Kingdom Halls were needed and the new commercial design was released.

Where are all these new "look like a bank" Kingdom Halls?

New Kingdom Hall build in Arizona | Kingdom hall, Jehovah's ...

New kingdom Hall design abandoned : r/exjw

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I was thinking “engineering office”, actually, but yeah, fair question.

Probably was put on hold.

• St George of England
    St George of England
    This one was a quick build in the mid 1990's to seat approx 60.

I saw the location as NELSON but missed the NZ bit. I thought that looks smart for Nelson in Lancashire!

George

• ThomasMore
    ThomasMore

I had a conversation with someone who knew the sequence of that colossal misinformation when they announced that more KHs were needed, then put all construction on hold and began selling off in earnest.

Within Bethel, the left hand did not know what the right was doing. Construction had not received the message that attendance was down and donations even worse. Of course no public explanation was ever provided but it caused a lot of anger inside God’s House.

It leads me to think that Treasury is not allowed to communicate as they should be. This is probably due to all the CSA settlements which have reeked havoc on cash flow.

• blondie
    blondie

The WTS seemed so sure the end was coming in 1975 but kept building expecting that people would fill them up trying to escape destruction. Then destruction didn't come. And gradually the increase like that stopped and there were KHs that were no longer filled, There were so many empty seats, that some congregations took out the chairs in the back. There was a turnover, as jws started forgetting about the pre-1975 days by people were not even born or jws then. Congregations are being combined in one building, four in the KH I last attended. KHs sold. There had been talk in the past of making more congregations, that went out the window. I never thought that the 2 congregations that were combined would ever have that happen. Some jws I have met say it means the end is near. ha!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit