Inane question of the year...so far.

by meat pie 15 Replies latest jw friends

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

You should have responded with something like - "Actually I do smoke now, but only on certain occasions. Like after I fornicate with a complete stranger".

• ESTEE
    ESTEE
    It's so drummed in that if you're not for Jehovah, you're against him; they beleive that once we leave the org we lose all sense of moral value.

It's a cult brainwash thing... dubs only think what they are told to think. They just can't seem to comprehend that us ApostatesTM are decent human beings with a valid capacity to think and reason make healthy decisions for ourselves ... a concept completely inconceivable to spoon-fed dubs ...

ESTEE

• La Capra
    La Capra

When I was about 16, one of the old bitties (as opposed to the nice ladies) was trying to make uplifting conversation with me after a Sunday meeting. She was telling me how fortunate (eck-that word) I was to be "raised in the truth" because I was living such morally clean and healthy teenaged years. She openly asserted that if I weren't a witness I would be smoking, drinking, doing drugs and sleeping around. I told her (in an effort to make uplifting ocnversation myself) that I thought it was a misconception that all teenagers were such loose, disgusting things, and that really, the peer pressure was practically non-existent in the classes, and with the kids I knew. I told her that none of the kids I saw at school and visited with were into any of those things, and that most of them would be horrified to know that she thought that they were. I was promptly reported to the elders. They weren't even sure what I had done wrong, so they let me off with a "you should witness to them then, if they are such good kids..." (yeah right, like I want to lose the few friends I did have...) Shoshana

• Sargon
    Sargon
    how fortunate (eck-that word) I was to be "raised in the truth" because I was living such morally clean and healthy teenaged years. She openly asserted that if I weren't a witness I would be smoking, drinking, doing drugs and sleeping around.

This is one of the things that PO'd me in my witness days. I always felt like a new-comer, never quite as good as those 'born-in-the-truth'. Over a period of about 2 years, nearly half the teen-aged 'born-in-the-truth' girls in my congregation found themselves pregnant. It seems that with all the emphasis on the 'just say no' approach to sex, nobody ever taught them about contraception.

• Surreptitious
    Surreptitious

"Smoke? No my 400 pound S&M hermaphroditic lesbian lover won't let me."

• Xena
    Xena

I think they just project onto us the things they wish they could do....that poor sister is probably just aching for a smoke!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit