Should Jehovah`s Witnesses be worshiping Jehovah ? or Jesus.

by smiddy 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• smiddy
    smiddy

Half banana

I`m not answering this question , I`m asking it for the sole purpose of obtaining other peoples viewpoint .

For 33 years I was a true believer in the Bible , or so I thought ,.I am now enlightened .

johnamos

No , I don`t think a Catholic monk of the 13th Century came up with those names you mention.

And in some translations

those names Jehoshua and Jehoshaphat start with a Y and not a J , as did Yesus

instead of Jesus ,Hebrew not having a "J" sound .

No scriptures ,Hebrew , Aramaic , or Greek ever had the name Jehovah in them , his name was more accurately translated only by the four letters YHWH , the tetragramaton ., which by the way is not found in the Christian Greek Scriptures ,according to the WTB&TS ,"Kingdom Interlinear" translation.

That is my understanding ,by all means correct me if I am wrong .

Jehovah`s witnesses , consider singing the National anthem of a Country ,Pledging allegiance to a Country , Saluting a flag of a Country ,all to be an act of worship.

And apparently bending the Knee to Jesus is also an act of worship which now they refuse to do , yet the scriptures say is O.K.

smiddy

• johnamos
    johnamos

Thank you for your reply. Also I am glad that you mentioned the J and Y point. Is English your first language and if so do you have any objection to pronouncing and spelling the following names with the J instead of the Y and with an I instead of a Y???

Eng.>Jehoshua/Yehoshua<Heb.

Eng.>Jehoshaphat/Yehoshaphat<Heb.

Eng.>Zechariah/Zekharyah<Heb.

those names Jehoshua and Jehoshaphat start with a Y and not a J , as did Yesus instead of Jesus ,Hebrew not having a "J" sound .

On your above statement would you agree that the form of the word Yesus/Jesus was not found within the Hebrew scriptures but instead the form for that name found in them would have been Jehoshua/Yehoshua (long form) or Joshua/Yeshua (shorten form)???

And that when it comes to getting the form Yesus/Jesus it is based on translating Joshua/Yeshua into Greek which is Iesous and then translating Iesous into Latin which is Iesus and then translating Iesus into English which is Jesus…do you agree with all said thus far???
    And apparently bending the Knee to Jesus is also an act of worship which now they refuse to do , yet the scriptures say is O.K.

YES, this is what the scriptures clearly say on that:

Philippians 2:10 so that in the name of Jesus every knee should bend of those in heaven and those on earth and those under the ground, 11 and every tongue should openly acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father.

• berrygerry
    berrygerry
    Who cares?
  • berrygerry
    berrygerry

Re: Who Cares?

If God wants to be worshiped so badly, and the ONLY way to worship him correctly is by following the one true religion, which said one true religion has determined the precise definition and description of this God, and all other variations or understandings are wrong, so therefore all others deserve to be murdered, etc. etc.

Yup, count me in. I love you God, because you forced me to love you.

IRL, that's called abuse.

• Khaleesi
    Khaleesi
    How interesting I was just reading today Ray Franz, in search of christian freedom, a people for his name chapter discusses this same subject the tetra is not found in the original writings, one thing he did mention that earlier commentaries from the 3rd or 4th century used Jehovah in their rendition of the YHWH in their books way before the 13th century monk.... Jesus must be shown honor
  • SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    Neither.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit