I need help with a life changing decision

by Matt_2k 13 Replies latest jw friends

• kat2u
    kat2u

be careful no matter what you decide.And If you want any relationship with your family then keep in mind that someone inactive or not a witness hag generally a better fanliy relationship with jws than someone who has been baptised and then decides to leave.Cus then your REALLY Shunned. kat

• La Capra
    La Capra

Hello Matt-You are in a very difficult position. You are at the age when any teenager would be pushing against parental boundaries, which could be clouding the real issue for you and your family-chalk it up to teenaged angst or apathy, they might be saying. However, this religion is very dangerous and you may be in a position to save your family from a lifetime of distant familial relations with you. I'd suggest a couple of things-first if you haven't already, start reaching out to the adults (maybe your guidance counselor or a favorite teacher) and making other adult connections. If a teenager doesn't have an adult (with "normal" perspective) they can go to for advice on the everyday issues of growing up, they often flounder. Second, find out from your parents why the stopped going to meetings when you were six. If they had good reasons then, those reasons are probably still a problem to them-you will likely find it discussed here, to give you talking points with your parents & a way to start to chip away at their renewed commitment. You are old enough to stand up for your family, and it sounds as though it might be time to do so. Tread lightly and keep us posted. I look forward to a post en titled "Matt saves his family!" Shoshana

• Matt_2k
    Matt_2k

Thanks for the info and advice guys, this site is very useful too me.

No news on the situation, I will keep you informed on what happens and what i decide to do, but for know i am just looking at all possible courses of action

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

My experience with the dubs ...? It is a fear-based religion. Anyone experiencing fear will be strangely drawn to a fear-based religion. It keeps the fear fed. Fear is all they know. It is their comfort-zone.

Me ...? I don't want to live like that ever again!

ESTEE

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit