My "best" friend (active JW) has just died

by Terry 44 Replies latest jw friends

• tiki
    tiki
    Terry....you had a wonderful life experience in having such a close comrade...it is indeed sad that it got prematurely cut off...but remember the good times and be happy in knowing that you had such a precious relationship that not everyone has in their life. Hugs to you!
  • slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    Sorry for your loss and thanks for sharing the experience. What an interesting human perspective on how one gets mixed up with the JWs Terry, and how feelings about the whole thing can be somewhat ambiguous; a heady mixture of excitement and dispointment, real human connection along with a disturbing lack of the same.
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Keep in mind that the friends you are forced to create by this religious organization are subjected to conditions to your and their subservience to the WTS., they realistically are more like employee work associations.

Even then they fail out certain social troubles and problems in the Congregations.

I had to drop a lot those relationships when I decided to leave the WTS/JWS.

Some were good hearted people who were simply taken in by the fear mongering corruption of the WTS.

• edmond dantes
    edmond dantes

Terry sorry to learn that your best friend from way back when has passed away. You have so many memories too look back upon and it is exceptionally sad that the Witness cult severed a beautiful friendship sad as well when you reflect on what further joys your friendship might have achieved but for that satanic brainwashing belief system.

You should go to his funeral and say "goodbye old pal." Afterwards I suspect you will be glad you did.

• arwen
    arwen
    So very sorry for your loss!!! 💕
  • Terry
    Terry

"After johnny was" outed" and he cut me dead , I never heard from him again"

That intrigued me ,of course you don`t have to elaborate on that if you don`t want to, it`s really none of our business ,I`m just curious.

What stood out to me in your post is the fact that a John Santa Cruz was responsible for me converting to the J.W.`s , obviously not the same person though .We are on different sides of the world for starters.

____________Smiddy____

Can there possibly be two Johnny Santa Cruz's?

My Johnny stood 6' 3" tall and he was hefty. Large guy. Huge personality. He wore horn-rim glasses. He had one eye but you'd not know that unless he mentioned it--then you'd notice.
    He sported a loud laugh and had a big personality.

Describe YOUR Johnny, please.

• smiddy
    smiddy

2Nd attempt., sorry about that , the internet went down halfway through my reply.

As I said we are on opposite sides of the world, I`m in Australia , Melbourne when I was converted in 1960. John Santa Cruz could not have been your "Johnny" as far as I know he lived here all of his life with 3 or was it 4 sisters,he was into body building though not with a club , and he would have not been more than 5` 8" in height,

He was of Spanish descent which I am told Santa Cruz is not an uncommon name nor is John.

So I think their could be hundreds of John Santa Cruz`s all around the world.

Sorry if I burst your bubble.

Take care Cobber , I enjoy your posts.

smiddy

• Terry
    Terry

I apologize for the duplicate postings of this same thread. I was at a public wifi location and they kept Hanging in a queue which made me think I needed to start over.

Any moderator who wants to can with my permission expunged the duplicates.

Thanks to all for your condolences. I didn't intend to be a public nuisance :)

• Alive!
    Alive!

Terry,

Take care dear.

I was thinking - People who live outside of cult life enjoy life long bonds through thick and thin - I know this to be true - thankfully I personally have a few non JW friends who I didn't push away (we all live in different parts of the world however) - but when we get together, it's just 'so' - time and space and religious differances, arguments through the years don't matter.

And then, there are my JW friends who were my 'family' - and a handful in particular...I found out a friend closer than close lost a non JW parent last year - I was the one who went to her elderly senile parents medical appointments, hospital visits with her - you know, just to support, as you do - she simply dropped me as I voiced my concerns re the organisation to a point where she didn't feel comfortable - I was only ever honest, pointing out true factual stuff - and this was someone who over the years had downloaded huge amounts of toxic crap re the 'brothers' treatment of her family and I tried to ease her negativity to not speaking badly of the brothers :-( - but it hurts that we won't enjoy our bond together through the old years that will come because of the G.O.D.

Yes, The guardians of doctrine who will never turn up on her doorstep or mine, to comfort, love and be human with.

Sorry for your grief / Just wanted to day from one human to another - I get it.

• Terry
    Terry

This is Johnny and Me at age 29

(That was about 1976, that's why my hair is weird :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit