I hope you can help!

by magnolia 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Welcome aboard Magnolia! After I left in 1996, I still believed that Armageddon was coming and I still believed in the 1914 Generation thing (I must have missed the Watchtower Study when they changed it). I was able to completely lay my mind to rest after reading stuff from http://www.freeminds.org - Take a look at it and you'll find a lot of good information. Take care

• Draconian
    Draconian

I was going to mention http://www.free-minds.org as well.

They even offer DVDs or videos of a therapy session for ex-Jehovah's Witnesses. People talk about their experiences, in particular learn to let go the awful feelings that outside the cult they are doomed. It's all a "paper tiger," an illusion, like I wrote elsewhere. Because the human mind can be trained to do amazing feats, it is a little TOO flexible because it will believe anything. Cult recruiters in universities were getting so bad in the 80's my university had to set up a Cult Awareness Week.

Anyway, even if you're geographically isolated and can't locate ex-Witnesses, you can see ex-Witnesses talk and even improve on the video series.

• Draconian
    Draconian

The website http://www.freeminds.org even has a DVD or videotape series of an actual group therapy session with 60 ex-Witnesses. That's a good idea. Even if geographically you can't find a support group for ex-Witnesses you can see what this bunch talked about and even see them improve.

The awful feeling that you're lost outside the cult is an ILLUSION, they set it up for you while you were a captive audience in the cult. Life outside of a silly fringe belief is not so bad, really!

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Welcome to JWD, Magnolia! This URL (http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/16/57203/1.ashx) regarding the Psychological Issues most of us face when we make our Exodus from the borganization will help you AND your hubby get a better understanding of the guilt you're dealing with and how better to handle it.

Please, be reassured that you WILL receive lotsa love, encouragement and support here and on other xdub sites....and hope you enjoy all the good info to be found here and on Randy's freeminds.org site....as well as the fluff to be found here. There's just a whole world of funny, kind and caring ppl here on JWD, ready, willing and able to help ya, chere!

Frannie B

• KKLUV155
    KKLUV155

Hi, I have been out for 12 years and still have those feelings. It has faded some over time. I don't think One can totally get over those feeling.

Oh, and welcome to the board.

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

Welcome Magnolia

Devon

• Carmel
    Carmel

So many people blame Catholocism for instilling guilt into its rank and fiile members. Seems to me the Dubbs do a much better job of using fear, guilt and coersion than anyone,

Welcome magnolia, Hope you and other flora stick around and enjoy the freedom of guilt free exsistence.,

carmel

• Been there
    Been there

Welcome to the board Magnolia & hubby.

Hang around and you will be able to let alot if not all of your guilt go. I've been out for almost 30 years and until I found this board and read all the experiances of the people I still had some guilt. No more! I just wish this place was around years ago...........I could have moved on much easier and sooner. The guilt you feel is very normal, this to shall pass.

P.S. If you see the word Apostafest it is an XJW get together........not an Italian Celebration. Well I did'nt know. (wheres the smiley faces when you need 'em?)

• azaria
    azaria

Hi Magnolia: You didn't turn your back on God and He certainly hasn't abandoned you. You turned your back on an organization. When I left my church a couple of months ago, because I realized that some of our beliefs weren't in sync, I felt totally abandoned by God and some said I was angry and questioning God but I wasn't. I was questioning this church's beliefs. Enjoy your loving relationship with your husband. Please don't allow this guilt with the org get in between you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit