just a thought

by jukesjoker 13 Replies latest social relationships

• jukesjoker
    jukesjoker

this is a question that keeps bugging me, if a non-jw were charming or good looking enough would the jw have a relationship with that non-jw? Or would the jw think it was a test and stick to his or her guns and still reject that person.

• mouthy
    mouthy

I know many that met a good looking "worldy" person. fell in love with them & married them & are now miserable because the religion is coming between them .They wish they could divorce the Watch Tower. they still love there wives ( well one of the ones I know)

• worldlygirl
    worldlygirl

Yes, in order for a worldly person to "catch" a JW, the worldly person must be attractive, charming, and COMPLETELY IGNORANT as to who and what they stand for. Then eventually they make your life a living hell.

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

The strength of the attraction is inversely proportionate to the spirituality of the JW, and directly proportionate to the square of his horniness.

Here is the formula: A=(1/Sj*Hj2)

Where: Sj= Spirituality of JW, and Hj2=horniness squared

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

I can only speak from my own experience. Several very good looking and quite nice fellows asked me out in high school and when I got into the working field. When I declined to date them, they kind of took it personally, even though I tried to explain my religous stand. They thought I was just trying to diss them with an excuse.

In reflection, had I gone out with this one peticular guy, my life may have turned out quite differently than it did. I wasn't having much success finding a JW to date, because there were just way too many sisters as compared to available brothers. This guy was just the nicest person for being "worldly".

/<

• Sassy
    Sassy

yes this type of relationship could happen.. and has..

doesn't mean it will be happy..

or that it will stay the same.. I know of non JWs that eventually got brainwashed too and 'became a JW" or the opposite, where the JW slowly faded off and quit (luckier group)..

and then the ones who stay JW/nonJW.. and then their life goals are never the same.. that was the kind of home I grew up in.

• Sargon
    Sargon

I don't feel sorry for anyone who marries a jw, they're master of their own destiny. Who I feel sorry for is the person whose spouse becomes a witness after several years of marriage.

• Xena
    Xena

I suppose it depends on the individuals. I like your formula RunningMan

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I agree with worldlygirl, for JWs, the ultimate turn-on is absolute, complete IGNORANCE.

woof!

• jukesjoker
    jukesjoker

I guess i wasnt charming enough of good looking or both

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit