Bethel layoff question

by CookieMonster 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    The org isnt stupid. There is a reason you have to sign a vow of poverty. Bethelites and special pioneers will get nothing but a tip of the cap and a 'have a nice day'.
  • tim3l0rd
    tim3l0rd
    At least SPs are being given 3 months of expenses and don't have to meet their hour requirements during that time. Bethelites get nada.
  • dozy
    dozy
    They get nothing - basically - they get told to "keep warm and well fed" and essentially told to sod off. They even need to re-apply to become regular pioneers , in case they no longer qualify. I guess that tells them how "special" their status really was.
  • Gayle
    Gayle

The Bethelites would have to re,-apply with no "bad attitude," otherwise won't get to reg. Pio. either. So if they go out of bethel or spec. Pio. complaining, then no reg. Pio, elder position, etc.

I think that clip of interviewing former D.O.s on JW.org -- they spoke well of their readjustment, because they know how that works.

• TheListener
    TheListener
    Wait, they do get something! They get their final invoices for any services they used including telephone service, etc. Those have to be paid or their letter of recommendation could get held up.
  • CookieMonster
    CookieMonster

I looked up this "Vow of Poverty" and wow yes, the org definitely covering their bases. Its insane you have to abstain from secular work to supplement your income and have to turn over any proceeds from personal work? So effectively you are completely dependent on the org for food & shelter while they can boot you out at anytime they see fit with no chance of remuneration.

Vow of Poverty

All this in the guise of "voluntary work" while in fact its an "exchange of services" which clearly is employment. I just hope those who are being sent home have at least learnt employable skills and get a good reference from WT.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    ray franze got a pay-off--its in his book.
  • CookieMonster
    CookieMonster
    When I was younger, think I was 22 or 23 I remember condescending voices from a pioneer and two elders using the word "its a shame" that I'm not in bethel service or some full time service. I felt so bad and "small" when other youths of my age went on stage to boast about bethel or regular pioneering. Glad I resisted the peer pressure.
  • CookieMonster
    CookieMonster
    maybe the GB have golden prachutes
  • _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Gb is not the same as bethelite by any stretch. Im sure there would be hush money paod in case that happened again

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit