Pioneer School scare tactics

by neat blue dog 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

I just talked with a pioneer who came back from school and she said that at the end there was emphasis put on two things.

1: Stay loyal to the Governing Body and their teachings.

2: Beware of propaganda. They said that in wartime the enemy will use propaganda to break the spirit of or confuse the troops. They said the same things is happening now, so reject negative reports about the organization.

This pioneer (who is fully PIMI BTW and enthusiastic about it) said she asked her COTBOE about if we really have that problem here. He said 'You would think it's only in Russia, but it's really happening right now all over the United States, negative news about the organization'. Being a good JW she doesn't read news sources regarding JWs outside of JWdotORG, so she doesn't have a clue about the child molestation situation, etc. Instead of seeing it for the damage control that it is, she thinks it's some sort of prophecy about the nearness of the Great Tribulation, and she said 'They're trying to tell us that something big's gonna happen!' Little does she know it already IS happening and has been for years. I hate how they generalize anything they don't like as "propaganda", no matter how factual and logical it is. Cambridge Dictionary defines propaganda as "information or ideas that are spread by an organized group or government to influence people’s opinions, esp. by not giving all the facts or by secretly emphasizing only one way of looking at the facts"

By that definition the GB spews it out in spades!

• Are you serious
    Are you serious
    I hope the gb is worried, very worried.
  • HoodwinkedToo
    HoodwinkedToo

“Catch The Thief!” Yelled The Thief

• karter
    karter

"There is none so blind as those who do not want to see"

Karter.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

If people are gullible enough to get their information from one source and one source only then what can you expect.

They will be misled eventually.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I think the GB need to take on a bit of ownership for the situation they are in, and address the issues in an open and transparent manner.

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

"So reject negative reports about the organization."

My zealous JW siblings became executioners and "stoned me to death" because I was informing them of negative aspects about their beloved organization.

It didn't matter that the information was the truth - their cult programming causes the brain to shut down whenever anything anti-WTBTS is said.

• HiddlesWife
    HiddlesWife

The GB sounds like Trumpty-Dumpty when he yells: "FAKE NEWS"!

• All or nothing
    All or nothing

They must really be scared making this part of pioneer school- we never heard that during pioneer school when we went

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    'They're trying to tell us that something big's gonna happen!'

It's so odd that JWs so universally think the leadership always has information that they're not willing to share and spend such effort trying to read between the lines to suss out what they're really trying to say. If they thought this through, they'd realize that if this is the case, then the leadership is treating them like children at the least and committing lies of omission at worst.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit