How the WTS brings a child's confidence & self-esteem down

by Nosferatu 11 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Oxnard Hamster
    Oxnard Hamster
    Unfortunately, even non-dubs experience similiar things in school. Growing up is hard enough... being the target for someone else makes it unbearable.

Correct. This problem isn't particular to JWs alone. While the WT gives you garbage, shouldn't part of the blame be directed at the people who tease you? Why does our society feel it's okay to laugh and jeer at people who are different, yet we constantly preach tolerance for diversity and all that happy hogwash? I think the WTS is only half the problem.

• Simon
    Simon

Like many witness kids, I used to get bullied in School. As well as the witness 'thang' I was also going through my parents divorce (again, with the complication of the WTS thrown in). I was not a happy kid.

After turning the other cheek and walking away for a long time, one day I'd had enough. While the teacher was writing on the blackboard, someone was leaning over my shoulder trying to pick a fight.

Bam. I hit him. Not a push or a shove but a full smack right in the face

Before he reacted, I grabbed him by his jumper with both hands and threw him over (toward me) and he staggered before 'splatting' against the wall. He actually hit the blackboard right next to where the teacher was writing.

We got sent to see the head of year.

As we walked in, she started speaking "Now, you two boys have been ... " as she looked up and saw me she looked shocked and gasped "Simon !" (I was normally very well behaved and she was also my English teacher).

She asked me to tell her what happened and I told her. She then told the other lad he had detention and I could go back to class. When he objected that she hadn't heard his side of the story, she told him she knew he'd be lying and if I'd done anything he must have provoked it (LOL. )

I enjoyed that ! And the funny thing is, I never got picked on again ...

I'm teaching our kids to avoid a fight if they can but if they can't, make sure they win.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit