LOST IN TRANSLATION

by sandy 17 Replies latest social entertainment

• sandy
    sandy

Did any of you see this movie? I thought it was a pretty good movie.

I am curious to hear what other people thought of it.

Many were disappointed with it and though the film maker was trying too hard to make it a deep movie.

To some the movie was boring and had no real plot but I think that was the point. The writer was trying to express the feelings of lonliness and depression some people feel when they have no idea what their purpose in life is.

Any thoughts?

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

it was very leisurely paced and not the masterpiece the critics are crowing about. Not as good as "Dirty Pretty Things" which was the best film I saw last year.

• Huxley
    Huxley

I went in expecting to really like it. (I loved 'The Virgin Suicides' btw..) But I have to say, that I didn't really like it that much. It had it's moments, but it seemed to just aimlessly drift from one scene to the next. Maybe that was the point, and I just didn't get it. ...still it was better than Land of the Lost. Huxley

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

I loved every minute of it.

• GinnyTosken
    GinnyTosken

I haven't yet seen the movie, but I love what I've heard of the soundtrack.

Now if I could just figure out what "Kaze Wo Atsumete" means . . .

Ginny

• ignored_one
    ignored_one

I liked it.

The soundtrack was great too.

-

Ignored One.

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

I really did enjoy every minute of the film. I think the filmmaker was trying to recreate that feeling, that very peculiar feeling, of being in a busy place, things happening all around you, but being isolated, the only one on the outside. I got a few jokes that others didn't, too, since I understood the Japanese. The film triggered a lot of memories for me. I was very much "in the now" for the whole film. The film is not about a story so much as about a feeling, an experience.

SNG

• nowisee
    nowisee

well i thought it was great -- saw it twice. some of the scenes hit my funnybone and i laughed until i cried. and i could really identify with the feelings of the two main characters -- just not connecting with the environment.

what in the world did he say to her??

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I stayed at that hotel from the movie last spring. It was very, very nice. My partner is there right now on a business trip. He told me today that he just saw Elijah Wood and Sean Astin who are there in Tokyo for the premiere of ROTK. On another trip he literally bumped into Robin Williams, with apologies. Oh yeah, he also saw Chow Yun Fat on another trip.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Oh yeah, on another trip he saw Eric Clapton checking into the hotel under the name "Jeff Beck".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit