The USA - Question/s Prior To Visit

by Celtic 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Draconian
    Draconian

Don't visit the US, it's too unsafe. Go to Canada instead.

This message brought to you by the CANADIAN ASSOCIATION TO DIVERT BRITISH TOURISTS. "We shall overcome, we shall overcome! Wook! Wook! [bellow like a moose]"

• Celtic
    Celtic

If I made money from posting stoopid questions, to drag you out of your closets, I'd a made a ruddy fortune by now, why the ruddy dickens are'nt more of you travel agents? You'd be ruddy good at it, only this, advice, lose, your JW selling techniques, you ruddy bombarded me with places, and now I'm as confused as ever.

Thats it I don't want any more replies.

Celtic

sighs

• flower
    flower

As a professional Travel Agent my answer is ..."why the heck do you want to come here when there are so many nicer places in the world? lol just kidding.

There are way too many places to visit here (including NJ !! :) to name just one...most of them I havnet even been too myself. If I was a foriegnor going on a short vacation and could go anywhere in America I would probably say....NY.

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

Special K: I have family in Kentucky, and lived there for a stint. Yes, my family did carry guns, both on them andf in their cars. I have a picture of my 3 cousins sitting in a Wendy's (a fast food resturant) and all 3 have great big guns in holsters. The local Walmart makes you check your gun at the front. Certainly a change from Los Angeles

• hillary_step
    hillary_step
    If I made money from posting stoopid questions, to drag you out of your closets, I'd a made a ruddy fortune by now, why the ruddy dickens are'nt more of you travel agents? You'd be ruddy good at it, only this, advice, lose, your JW selling techniques, you ruddy bombarded me with places, and now I'm as confused as ever.

Ruddy charming...lol

HS

• Gopher
    Gopher
    you ruddy bombarded me with places, and now I'm as confused as ever.

Thats it I don't want any more replies.

Well, you asked !!

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

The USA is BIG - the contiguous 48 states occupy 2,870,084 square miles.

The entire United Kingdom covers 94,248 square miles - just a bit smaller than the state of Michigan.

Every state has its positive and negative features.

Why not start in "the colonies"? Visit the old Dutch colony of New Amsterdam and see what we've done with the place, then head north into "New York State" and the rest of "New England" - Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, Vermont and Maine.

Aztec mentioned Vancouver, B.C. - a beautiful jewel of a city if ever there was one!

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Celtic: Avi avi no wanti, wanti wanti no havi, as Ceaser used to say...

Satan: I did Kansas-Oklohoma-Texas-New Mexico-Arizona-Colorado-Kansas (2,000+ miles I think) in a week to get to the Grand Canyon at the end of a Uni' exchange and then back in time for my flight home. The West coast in month is not too ambitious, at least for a cursory visit.

Motels are cheap, petrol is cheap, car hire is cheap, food is cheap, life is chea... well, actually, until you get to LA, you mostly miss out on the violent bits.

Also, the exchange rate is $1.27=?1, which is fantastic, and it's likely to get worse and make European money even better for buying dollars with!

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Celtic, the Shenandoah Valley in Virginia is BREATHTAKING!! Lush verdant flora with mountain mists in early morning light....San Francisco, Chicago, New England, Atlanta and San Antonio are chock-FULL of culture and history, Colorado has gorgeous mountain scenery and snow-skiing resorts with chalets, Tennessee has mountains, "white lightnin'", and of course, Dollywood, Nevada has Reno and Las Vegas gambling resorts, Florida has beautiful gardens and its beaches are brilliantly clean, with white sand, the Grand Canyon, Carlsbad Caverns and the Painted Desert are on the way to California, after you pass through the Coastal Plains and mountains of Texas, Kentucky Blue Grass and HORSES with rolling green hills, New Orleans, Louisiana is FULL of Cajun culture and cuisine and there are bayous, swamps, moss hanging from the trees and alligator crossings on the highways....ummm....how long you planning to make your visit, Celt?

Frannie B

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

My daughter is called Shenandoah!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit