The less savoury content of the bible!

by Thisismein1972 7 Replies latest social humour

• Thisismein1972
    Thisismein1972

I just found this on YouTube. It's actually really funny.

Enjoy. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgevfunW5RM

• Vidiot
  • steve2
    steve2

People who call the Bible "the good book" are incredibly selective...and blind.

There is a huge number of repugnantlyviolent acts carried out in "God's name" in the pages of this ancient set of writings. You get more than an inkling of why some religious movements today that espouse acts of terror find certainty, direction and "comfort" from Scripture.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Also, check out the following Youtube channels:

Nonstampcollector

and

Messed up Bible Stories

Very funny and thought provoking stuff! (you can spend hours watching it all!)

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

BTW, did you see the society's "Revelation Book" picture they used in the video??

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

I wonder why they left out the story of Lot, you know, the one that they love to talk about Sodom and Gomorrah to attack gay people. Of course, conveniently they tend to forget that in the same story Lot gets not one, but his two own daughters pregnant.

And they use that story to impose certain morals against gay people.

Cute.

• PhilJonesIII
    PhilJonesIII

In recent years I have come to view the JWs as Muslims without the guns. It worries me that both religions have so many apologists and people that are happy to dismiss both as 'mostly harmless'.

I did read the bible when a witness and it shocks me that with the 'rose coloured specs' of 'JW think' I failed to see the appalling violence, crass stupidity and moral contradictions. A re-reading of the bible ( once considered a major task ) and of the Quran and some of the obligatory Hadith(s) made it clear to me that none of these could have been produced by god or anything like a god.

From stopping the sun in the sky to finish a battle (Bible) to walking so far west as to find the place where the sun sets in a muddy pool (Quran). Get these things away from me. I want to find god but he isnt there.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I've said this before, but there's more hard-R content in the Bible than Quentin Tarantino's entire filmography.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit