USA - Service Report Nov 2003 (Feb KM)

by truthseeker 7 Replies latest jw friends

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Looking at Jan and Feb's KM, the field service reports for the months of Oct and Nov 2003 are surprising.

October 2003 November 2003

Sp'l Pios 186 Sp'l Pios 202

Pubs 94,550 Pubs 92,570

Aux Pios 24,600 Aux Pios 21,838

Pubs 870,300 Pubs 867,299

Baptized 2,650 Baptized 2,715

TOTAL 989,636 TOTAL 981,909

We are happy to report a new peak

in regular pioneers! The total of

94,550 regular pioneers reporting is

an increase of 28 over the previous

peak of 94,522 in December 1999.

What's surprising about November, is that almost 2000 regular pioneers came off the list, and this in their third month of the new service year! What a contrast compared to the previous month, when the Society issued one of their rare comments, discussing the new peak of regular pioneers.

Not only that, November had less publishers.

It seems that new ones sign up to pioneer in August to get ready for Septembers new service year, and then decide they can't hack the 70hr month requirement.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

When figures are consistently declining (and overall trends since The Generation Awake etc are declining) the tendency is to leap on ANY good news at all -- so I do not blame the WTBTS reporting in the previous KM that there were more regular pioneers. We can expect (IMHO) to see more trumpeting announcements of any figure that shows something good

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

What happened to the 8000+ publishers from Oct to Nov? Hmmmmm? And considering in those two months about 5000 were baptised...hmmmm!?

• johnny_was_good
    johnny_was_good

Mayby some of them filed in late because of the holidays

• willyloman
    willyloman

The only numbers that "count" are the annual totals, and you can be sure the WTS will put the pressure on in the spring, as they always do, to get the numbers up so the "average" and "peak" figures show some sort of increase over the previous year.

• Amazing
    Amazing

When I was Cong Secretary, I compiled the time reports and sent a summary in to the Society. If, for example, we had 120 Pubs and 5 Reg. Pioneers ... my report would not necessarily show 120 Pubs and 5 Pioneers ... here is what might happen in a typical month.

Month #1

120 Pubs

-15 did not report any time

2 were rectivated to an irregular status

-10 decided to Aux Pio, and so are shifted

= 97 Net Pubs reporting

Month #2

122 Pubs

+ 10 late reports showing last month's time

-3 crossed the line from irregular to inactive

+5 moved in

-2 more new Reg Pios appointed

-10 Still Aux Pio

= 112 Net Pubs reporting

Sooooooooo ... we had an increase of 15 Pubs in one month or a +15.4% growth rate in Pubs, even though we were down 10 Pubs, or a -8.3%. Averaged out over 12 to 13 thousand JW congregations in the USA, and the averages will attentuate somewhat ... but will still exhibit this weird result. I simply marveled, because my math background in engineering never allowed me to enjoy JW growth statistics. The whole concept of tracking time, and Pubs, and Pios is very careless ... and when i wrote to the Society asking how to handle some of this in better ways, they simply never responded - oh so typical for them.

In reality, no one even knows or cares about these numbers except the JWs themselves ... they do it for their own self-glory and self-promotion to themselves.

• shamus
    shamus

I just had to say...

HOW MANY PEOPLE GOT DF'D, LEFT, OR DA'D?

Give me those stats. Too bad the WTBTS is afraid of those numbers.

• Joker10
    Joker10

It seems JWs are up. If truthseeker's figures are correct, then JWs gained 17,189 more publishers in October 2003 compared to October 2002.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit