JW Cart Witnessing = ONE BIG JOKE

by Black Man 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

daringheart2 - "They don't have to think, know anything or answer or question."

And yet the qualifications for it are so stringent...

• pepperheart
    pepperheart

i would feel ashamed ,on four carts that i went past today all four had the same version of a teaching book that was printed ten years ago

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

I have yet to see a single cart in our city. I also see more Mormons going d2d than JW. I can count on one hand the JWs I have seen going d2d in the last 10 years.

• rebel8
    rebel8

I found FS extremely embarrassing. I think the cart thing would be more humiliating than door to door. At least at the doors, most people don't answer, and at worst, you are only bugging the crap out of one person at a time. Sitting at a cart like that in public, omg.

• Saename
    Saename
    nonjwspouse - I also see more Mormons going d2d than JW. I can count on one hand the JWs I have seen going d2d in the last 10 years.

This is strange, from my perspective. I have never in my whole life seen a single Mormon preaching from door to door. I am serious. I have never ever seen a preaching Mormon. I have seen other Christian denominations leaving brochures at doors but also extremely rarely. When it comes to Jehovah's Witnesses, however, I do see them witnessing from time to time.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

Yup a big joke and a delusional atempt to keep the presses running to turn a profit. This batch of Governing Body are real slow learners when it comes to running business and how to best use your assets that's why they are in deep financial trouble right now because they don't have a very good education about running a business.

• mrmagic
    mrmagic

I didn't know they had old litter-ature on the carts. Always assumed it was their latest litter-ature. So they just throw in old stuff to get rid of it?

• xjwsrock
    xjwsrock

Whatever they can talk the zombies into doing, whether door to door, on the phone, cart advertising, giving talks, reaching out, etc. - it is primarily a sign of subservience to the leadership. That is the top priority. Recruitment of new members is a fringe benefit and of secondary importance.

It's an adult game of 'Simon Says'. Lol....

• Wayward
    Wayward

I left before the carts existed. I've never even seen one where I'm at. Booths at street fairs, yes. But no carts. Where do the carts come from? Is there a GB-approved cart dealer the halls have to buy from? And how much do the local halls have to shell out for this wonderful privilege?

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

this cart 'witnessing' is pure gold for 99% of them

I agree. This is a win-win situation through and through for them. The hours will tend to increase, because now these jdubs can literally just sit around for hours and hours racking up serve-us time. Many Jdubs, especially the younger folks normally hate ringing door bells and going to doors, so again this an easy to way to do your time, while just standing like a drone going through your phone.

The bOrg knows that no people actually receive the message using this method, but they don't really care anyway, because the donations will still come in regardless.

Some people will say that this card method makes JWs more vulnerable to criticism, but I tend to disagree. I think for the most part when a JW stands next to a cart, the overwhelming majority of people will not engage them, in fact most don't even know they are JWs. But when JW's go to the door they force a reaction from people. It does however make them more vulnerable to those who actively want to engage them in a debate.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit