Resurrection Appearance to James the Just

by Leolaia 77 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I think we may agree that the Synoptic-like sayings that Paul knew were not necessarily all known under the name of Jesus (as Dungan assumes), as some could have come from a catechismal source or as community regulations that later entered the Synoptic tradition. But I think he makes a pretty good case that the "commands of the Lord" that Paul alludes to are connected to the relevant Jesuine sayings in the Synoptics, and verbal Synoptic resemblances may at times combine with these alluded "commands" in the course of Paul's argument.

• sens
    sens

Leolaia your avatar looks familar...or maybe Im confusing you with someone...not sure. :D

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Just found the link to the article by Robert M. Price which Peacefulpete mentioned a few posts earlier:

http://www.hermann-detering.de/evolution_of_the_pauline_canon.htm

It might be the basis for another thread.

• smiddy
    smiddy

I just thought I would resurrect this thread .

smiddy

• designs
    designs

Was Paul having a bodhadaya (epiphany).

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Thanks for bumping this thread Smiddy, I had not read it before.

It comes from the Golden Days of JWN when Narkissos and Leolaia and Pete were showing us what real Bible Study was.

JW's, "led" by the WT, simply do not have a clue do they ?

• smiddy
    smiddy

It comes from the Golden Days of JWN when Narkissos and Leolaia and Pete were showing us what real Bible Study was.

Agreed Phizzy , wholeheartedly .

Using the search engine on this site unfolds many a gem of "TRUTHS" not found in any Watchtower publications.

smiddy

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

We need to remember to tell Newbies on here about the "Search" facility.

I found it for myself the first day I was on here, then I read and read for weeks on the Archive, before I actually posted. In that reading time, I changed my understanding and thinking so much that I was a very different person by the time I began to post than who I was when I discovered JWN !

I had, by then, a good grasp of TTATT, though I realised I still had much research to do, and I realised that far from being "one of the best educated people in the world" as JW's lyingly claim, I was amongst the worst.

This place itself has been an education, and those great Posters of the past, and a good number who still post here, gave me that for free ! , and also directed my further studies.

I thank them all very much.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit