Massive hints against alcohol

by purrpurr 23 Replies latest jw friends

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Interesting OP & thread.

I remember reading the red youth book (sorry can't remember its full title - it predated the blue Questions Young People Ask book) and it had a chapter on youths coming of age and being able to drink alcohol if they choose.

From what I remember, the advice given by the writer was that when a youth reaches legal age, he or she may have one drink. Not two or three, or more if they weren't driving - just one drink.

I get the feeling that the GB would ban alcohol for JWs if it wasn't mentioned in the bible ... kinda like they do with masturbation.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Can you imagine the sheer volume of "local needs" talks the rank-and-file would be inundated with if the Org tried this?

I almost wish they'd do it, just to see the resulting insanity. :smirk:

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

WTF is this stumbling thang anyway? He's done something I don't like so therefore it's not the truth so I'm off? Seems pretty juvenile to me.

• Wakanda
    Wakanda
    Is this a new "unwritten directive?

Massive hints against alcohol is the G part of the FOG. It also makes those who do not drink feel good, able to point fingers, guilt them along with WT, and hopefully wake them up. They know a lot of people drink too much to cope with the org.

WTF is this stumbling thang anyway? He's done something I don't like so therefore it's not the truth so I'm off? Seems pretty juvenile to me.

Then they can point to those that left and gossip, put them down, etc. "They must've been stumbled. He/she is so stupid."

BTW, the Shepherd the Flock of God's acronym is STFOG! Ha!

Just two cents.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit