Cart wars

by gabcol 7 Replies latest jw friends

• gabcol
    gabcol

I was watching youtube the other day and came across " Cart Wars". I understand different people have different ways of protesting and dealing what they have been through, but this guy genuinely scares me. Am I the only one?

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Haven't heard of him nor seen his videos but it sounds like he's doing his share to make JWs feel "persecuted".

• Freedom rocks
    Freedom rocks

I watched part of the silent signs one that he did where he didn't speak and just held signs up about the org. The elder called the police and tried to make out the ex jw had mental problems but the police didn't believe the elder and left. The ex jw stayed and the jws ended up leaving instead

• carla
    carla

Why do you find him scary? I watched episode 1 and didn't find him scary. How is he different than a jw who won't leave you alone? The elder asked him if he was coming on the bus essentially inviting him to continue the conversation. Should he have told the whole bus the busdriver protected pedophiles? probably not, but all active jw's do in fact protect pedophiles simply by supporting and belonging to the org.

Does the public have a right to know that a public servant would protect a pedophile? what if the pedophile was known to the elder and was on the bus sitting next to a child? Seeing where that child gets off and possibly lives? should the public expect the busdriver to watch out for the child?

I understand many people feel this sort of activism only adds to the jw persecution complex but I think many anti jw activists probably feel that it isn't so much about getting jw's out anymore but making sure the public is aware and never join up in the first place.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

''but this guy genuinely scares me. Am I the only one?''

Maybe Stuart is ''overdoing it'' a bit. I no longer agree with the JW's and their teachings, but how stressful this must be for the cart attendees.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Don't watch then.

• gabcol
    gabcol

exactly right sparrow. I guess it's just i find him overdoing it as beth sarim has said

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

When I saw the thread title, my first thought was of a no-holds-barred cage match featuring a Mormon and a JW trying to beat each other senseless.

With carts.

What's that say about me???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit