Marvel's new characters XD

by LoveUniHateExams 9 Replies latest social entertainment

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Luckily for me, I'm not interested in Marvel at all - I never read the comics as a kid; I haven't seen any of the films as an adult.

But, I still think some of their new characters are worth mentioning.

Here are two: Snowflake and Safe Space.

No, I'm not kidding.

Here's a little vid by a youtuber called Just Some Guy. He's a keen comic reader and loves that kinda stuff … but not the latest characters.

He's spliced clips of Ricky Gervais laughing his ass off with an interview with Marvel writer and balding, bespectacled beta male, Daniel Kibblesmith.

Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFbuybwdgL8

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

What the..... ffffuu

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

@MMM - it's not a parody, it's really real.

Here's the trailer from Marvel's youtube account ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PCWUCv1rnU

Check out the like/dislike ratio, lol.

Also, some of the BTL comments are pretty funny.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I got some ideas for some new Marvel villains …

The Patriarch

Straight White Male

Captain Facts & Dr Logic

Captain Microaggression

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

What..... the ...... fork.....

I was having doubts about humanity in light of the TP/water bottle hoarding, but this...

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

Magic backpack of divine origin.... exposed to “internet gas”....

So Trailblazer is an overweight foster/group home teen, and she inherited a magic backpack of divine origin.... from her grandfather.... Good lord. Is it the magic backpack that allows her to run?

And Screentime was exposed to internet gas... and this is, as the guy says, the logical conclusion.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

What I notice about many of these comic artists is when they attempt to draw ‘diverse’ characters they seem to jump from one race to another all the time. I noticed it with Glenn in the walking dead...oftentimes he’d morph in to Maggie. 🤔This character “Trail Blazer” even in this promo jumps from black to white to black again. I guess maybe they need to employ some actually diverse artists, instead of giving the ethnics “fantasy jobs”.🙄

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

🤔This character “Trail Blazer” even in this promo jumps from black to white to black again - yes, I noticed that, too

When you see the four characters together at the beginning, Trailblazer (aka LandWhale) is white; when you see her in isolation, she black, lol.

• Cadellin
    Cadellin

I think they're cool.

• ZeusRocks
    ZeusRocks

When I first saw this I thought they were just taking the piss.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit