Award Shows and Entertainment---Do You Want To Hear Political Views During A Show?

by minimus 13 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

If I watch a ball game or an awards show or some other type of entertainment, I really don't care about politics. I enjoy politics but there's a time and there is a place.

I think it's getting out of hand and it's getting pretty boring...but that's just my humble opinion.

• Awakenednow
    Awakenednow

No. Their opinion is irrelevant to me personally and creates division nationally. They are actors and not in touch with most people. It reminds me of the childless guided tower GB trying to tell parents how to raise kids on janitor wages, and telling the friends how to think and what to believe instead of allowing honest debate and critical common sense thinking prevail. They name call those who don't go along with their agenda. They suck

• cofty
    cofty

Totally agree.

The ability to act/sing/tell funny stories/catch a ball does not make a person's views on political issues worth hearing.

• blondie
    blondie

http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/17/politics/trump-tweet-clinton/

President Donald Trump retweeted an edited video Sunday morning that showed him swinging a golf club and appearing to hit his former presidential campaign rival Hillary Clinton with a golf ball.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Agree with the OP & with cofty's comment.

What's more, do actors, singers, etc. really think their political views are worth anything?

Benedict Cumberbatch is a great actor and I'd love to watch him on stage, but what makes him think the audience gives a shit when he drones on about refugees at the end of his shows?

Posh prick ...

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

I value celebrities political opinions less. On top of their lack of qualifications, they are often detached from the reality that the rest of us live in. When a person makes a living playing children's games, pretending to be someone else, and making music to the point that the pants they wear cost more than man car, I don't want to hear your opinions about politics.

• minimus
    minimus

I appreciate a good concert a good movie as well as a good ball game. But I have never felt that a celebrity has any opinion that I need to hear. Play the game, sing the song ,do the acting. 👌

• Laika
    Laika
    I have never felt that a celebrity has any opinion that I need to hear

Didn't you vote a reality tv star for President?

• minimus
    minimus

Funny thing... I never watched that show.

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Didn't any of you ever heard of the Smoother Brothers? Big on TV in the late 60's. Then President Nixson forced them off the air because he did not like what they was saying about him. All through history comedy has been used to expose bad things the rulers where doing. I did not watch the show or any reward shows for that matter but there is nothing new here. Still Totally ADD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit