The Biblical reasoning behind a judicial comitee?

by CitizenofEarth 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

One of the key points I got from the Bible was the elders of the group would deal with someone at the city gate. This would mean it was a public event . You obviously don't see that with the JWs even when two elders came to my house on a couple of occasions the wife got the kids and herself out of the area. It's just one big scam so it's your word against theirs and any chance of one using the Bible to prove their points wrong to the public isn't going to happen.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

CITIZEN OF EARTH:

In my opinion, judicial committees of the JWs is to show YOU that you have to be accountable to them for what you do, say or think. Since only God can forgive sins, their charade is about control.

In the Bible, when there was wrongdoing that needed to be settled - it was done out in the open in public and not hidden behind closed doors like the Witnesses do. If it was done in the open they couldn't ask perverted questions and abuse people.

• Chook
    Chook

Ask a Jw elder has he ever heard of a judicial committee that has forgiven someone on seven different occasions, if not ask him how do they follow Jesus's example of forgiving 77 times. Then ask how come the prodigal son didn't go through the reinstatement process.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit