A time to recognize

by BrokenBonz 10 Replies latest jw experiences

• BrokenBonz
    BrokenBonz
    It's my time to recognize the faults that I've made. In my case, I was inattentive, uncaring, selfish, and aloof. It has brought me to this time in my life the waking call of my errors. Humbling myself isn't easy, my deficiencies have gotten the best of me. I've decided to be willing to change a grow. Experiencing the lost of someone you love really makes you think. It isn't about telling the person you've changed but showing them.
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Care to elaborate a little further ? I think I know what your relating to though.

• BrokenBonz
    BrokenBonz
    I guess I'm using this forum to vent. Not really looking for responses. Just trying to pull out the raw side of me.
  • smiddy
    smiddy

Good for you bro,

I can relate somewhat to what you are saying ,

take care.

smiddy

• azor
    azor

I can as well. Coming out of a high control group can be very painful. I used to be very judgemental. I have been responsible for the shunning of others as a former elder. I as a true believer almost lost son due to jw blood policy.

You can overcome and help others in need from your experience.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    Raw is good.
  • PlatinumFix
    PlatinumFix
    So you and your wife getting back together Broken?
  • BrokenBonz
    BrokenBonz

@Platinum, getting back together?

Well... Caught her cheating once, and forgave her, caught it again, and still forgive her. However, I need time to lick my wounds. So I decided to move out and get my own apartment. I don't know how she feels about it. I want to keep my family together, you know? I guess I need to work on making her happy again. I believe in the sanctity of marriage, even if she doesn't. I might give myself 6 months to a year of separation. And just be there for her as a friend. But I'm going to be withdrawing myself for a little while, and keep some healthy space between us.

• PlatinumFix
    PlatinumFix
    Ive been seperated for nearly yr. She didn't cheat on me but how would i really know? I've been up and down alot this yr but getting there. Going to start going to the gym soon. Keeping busy with education and full-time work helped I think :)
  • pbrow
    pbrow

broken... One thing to realize.... You cannot make her happy. She is the only one who can do that.

Work on becoming a better you... not for her but for you. If it is meant to be then so be it. Just know that we are all only responsible for our own happiness. The trick is finding someone who looks at you and is happy themselves because of what they see.

pbrow

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit