Proof: The Allies Could Have Bombed the Concentration Camps

by Pleasuredome 15 Replies latest social current

• Pleasuredome
  • Amazing
    Amazing

Yes, the Allies could have bombed the railroads and roads, etc. Although, bombing back then was not "precision" as it is today ... it was extremely sloppy. So it would have required a lot of bombs en mass ... this process is risky, as the Allies lost many bombers as it was ... they needed the bombs and the risk focused on weapons factories and other industry that supported the war. The highest priority was to end the German ability to carry on war.

Further, if the Allies had taken time and bombs to take out railroads and roads leading to concentration camps, this would have only delayed the Germans. They would have simply built other well hidden and smaller facilities ... they may have even taken the Jews and other hated groups out to the North Sea and dump them into the ocean.

War is a messy sloppy business, even today with all the precision equipment, things go wrong and there are unintentional casualties. With all the best of the best, it took months of precision bombing various locations in Iraq in an attempt to get Saddam Hussien and his sons. Finally, in a fire fight his sons get killed, and he is captured in a hole using good old fashion manpower.

I think it is a little late for Israelis to complain about what could have taken place during WWII.

• JeffT
    JeffT

Actually the rail network was a high priority for allied bombing all the way through the war. The Germans just repaired stuff as soon as it was bombed.

• Englishman
    Englishman

My dad was in Bomber Command, 101 Squadron. Lancasters normally flew at 18,000 feet and bombed via a bomb site similar to a cross on a circular lens.

Anything within 400 yards of the target was considered a hit.

Englishman.

• Seven
  • stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

IF IF IF IF IF - IT happened - -deal with it

• Waymores Ghost
    Waymores Ghost

"I think it is a little late for Israelis to complain about what could have taken place during WWII."

The Israelis have gotten pretty good mileage out of the holocaust, and still do, so why would they want to give THAT up?

Wg

• rem
    rem

Interesting thread title. Proof the Allies could have bombed the concentration camps? Not positive about that proof?

Next we'll have:

Proof: The Face on Mars Might be Intelligently Designed

Proof: A Global Flood Could Have Happened

Proof: UFO's are Possibly Visiting from Jupiter

rem

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

rem... you might try and read the post before you decide to make fun of it. The meaning was 'could have' in the proper sense of 'had the ability to', not the colloquial sense of 'might have'.

• rem
    rem

Euphemism,

I was just joking around with the title. More of a fluff post :)

rem

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit