Remember when they tried to ban the game "Twister"

by Singing Man 14 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Singing Man
    Singing Man

The game twister was the only time I could touch the sisters in my hall all over their bodys, and we all had fun and did not feel like nasty little kids deserveing to be swallowed up in the crack in the earth

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Doodle promised to revive Twister at her upcoming apostafest. She also said something about covering the Twister mat with vanilla swiss miss pudding.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

No but I recall one older biddy sister trying to convince me that burning incense was wrong and pagan because they do it in churches. I researched it and told her she was wrong. "Sorry but you aren't telling me I can't burn my Gonesh Sandalwood."

Then I bought my son a very masculine necklace and my sister in law tried to tell me that brothers are not allowed to wear necklaces or other jewelry save a simple wedding band. She reasoned that she heard an experience in a talk that told of a brother being passed over by a mugger because brothers don't wear jewelry. I didn't listen to her. I thought it was ridiculous and just some control freak brother's opinion. I asked a lot of other JWs and they confirmed it was bunk.

Oh Oh! Another one. At a circuit assembly some staunch brother told us married brothers and sisters that we should not show any public affection because it would excite the passions of young single ones. You've never seen arms come off sister's shoulders so fast in your life. After his talk there were sisters crying in the bathroom and indignant brothers brooding everywhere. We were all very upset. Well, danged if the next day this opinionated, control freak brother didn't have to retract his statement and apologize to everyone. This was in Abilene, Tx in the early 80s. Was anyone else there? Or wait, maybe it was San Angelo.

Heather

• Sassy
    Sassy

I actually still have my original Twister game.. and yes.. it was fun.. we'd get the teenage boys and teenage girls in the congregation and play. Now that I think about it, I am surprised my mom allowed it..

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12
    Remember when they tried to ban the game "Twister"

I thought it was just the Naked Twister version that was frowned upon.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Naked Twister is part of the apostate "Baptism of the Flesh" ritual, isn't it?

• undercover
    undercover

Yep. Twister bad, leads to fornication. I remember that we were told that christians wouldn't partake in such a hedonistic game.

FHN: I remember the same things, but I'm not from Texas. I remember being told that we shouldn't burn incense. I remember one brother who claimed that necklaces and earrings for men came from the homosexual community therefore christians would not copy those fads. And I remember some brothers frowning on the public display of affection(PDA). They used the same reasoning that your speaker did. He wasn't taken very seriously about it. In fact we had a joke about it, if we saw someone touching or holding hands we would run up to them and point at them and say: "NO PDA! NO PDA!".

• simplesally
    simplesally

We had brothers from time to time give talks about PDAs in the hall and that married couples should be aware that they might offend/hurt single ones.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Man how times have changed. When you said PDA I immediately thought Personal Digital Assitant. LOL

• undercover
    undercover
    Man how times have changed. When you said PDA I immediately thought Personal Digital Assitant. LOL

They'll probably find some way to counsel against those too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit