I've always thought that it was the sinful / criminal behaviour and the measures taken to cover it up by others, particularly in the context of a family or organization that was reproachful.
Victims of any kind of abuse, whether it is domestic abuse, sexual abuse, physical abuse, psychological abuse, etc. should never be restrained from seeking assistance from authorities who can help to remove them from the source of abuse, or from speaking about their experience of abuse, or from seeking out others who have similar experiences - people who understand their recovery process. Anyone who wants to silence an abuse victim is perpetuating that abuse. Anyone who expects a victim/survivor of abuse to "respect" or keep silent in order to "protect" the abuser from the consequences of their behaviour is perpetuating that abuse.
In the context of WT (and its Elders™) wanting to keep the abuse from becoming public knowledge in order to keep
Jehovah™ / the Organization™ free from Reproach™, what they fail to recognize is that
- the abuse itself is reproachful
- the covering up of the abuse is reproachful
- the silencing of victims of abuse is reproachful
- the requirement to suspend belief of an allegation in favor of an abuser when there aren't two eyewitnesses to the abuse is reproachful
- the failure to recognize their part in aiding and abetting abusers by way of flawed policy is reproachful
- the failure to protect women and children from abusers is reproachful
- the failure to report or assist victims/families to report abuse to the authorities is reproachful
In other words, EVERYTHING they do and believe with regard to child sexual abuse and domestic abuse is REPROACHFUL. The ENTIRETY of their patriarchy which puts women and children down and elevates males to a superior position is REPROACHFUL.
There's no baby in the bathtub, folks. Just dump the shitty water they expect you to swallow and move on.