Social Skills 101 for Newbies

by codeblue 45 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

((((Momofmany)))) - I think most of us had to go through the process of figuring out how to make friends "in the world". Even though the friendships weren't always "real", the JW world does make for ready made "associates". It definitely isn't a "laughable" subject.

• codeblue
    codeblue

Momofmany:

I would never laugh at you or anyone who really needs help. I have been a stay home Mom before, I can identify with your delima. When I was raising my sons, I was a full fledged JW, so like Petty said, you pretty much have "built in friends".

I just relocated a year ago....have no children (they are adults and married and live so far away that I rarely get to see them)...learned the truth about the "truth"(tm) and found myself in a similar delima of needing a new social circle. I have worked in the public before and am a "people person"....so it is easier to get a new life, but my husband travels out of town for work, so I have spent a lot of time alone.

You are not interupting this thread at all....it's for and about NEWBIES..that's you!!!

Take care and I hope you and your family does well.

Codeblue

• mouthy
    mouthy

I sympathise with you ....My advice to make friends is where ever you go TRY to start up converstions about Jehovahs Witnesses Tell every one you used to be one- People are interested I have SO many friends of ALL faiths that want to hear what it was like in the Twilight Zone....

• Draconian
    Draconian

Bahahahaha. "...For Dummies" books also have a section "The Part of Tens", a set of chapters at the end sort of like top-ten lists: different chapters for top ten tips, top ten extra projects, whatever. Anyone want to do Top Ten Lists for JW Refuseniks?

I count that some chapter numbers were used over, we are actually up to Chapter 30.

Chapter 31: Lord of the Rings: Catching Up and Appreciating Multi-Million Dollar Occult Hollywood Imagery

Chapter 32: Dungeons & Dragons: Tips on Rolling Satan's Bones

Chapter 33: Why the Devil Won't Poke You, Man, For Playing Pokémon

Chapter 34: The Ivy League: Universities Are Not Evil (But They Will Still Suck Out Your Soul!)

Chapter 35: Blood-Donor Clinics: Sharing Your Sinful Bodily Fluids

Chapter 36: Beyond Square-Dancing: From Elvis Presley to Tupac; Catching Up on Satanic Music History

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Beyond Square-Dancing

Hahaha!

Welcome, Draconian!

Heather

• Oxnard Hamster
    Oxnard Hamster

Chapter 37: Forget about the ranking system. (Unbaptized, publisher, pioneer, etc.)

Chapter 38: The world isn't so bad after all.

Chapter 39: The unfaithful and not so discreet slave.

Chapter 40: You don't need a bunch of old guys in New York telling you what to do.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit