What exactly is the JANUARY 2018 WT trying to tell J.W.'s?

by The Fall Guy 18 Replies latest watchtower bible

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

The needle has been stuck on the record for over 130 years - thanks to Mr. Russell and his successive cohorts:

Page 11, paragraph 19 - “As this system nears its end,....”

Page 13, paragraph 5 - “Do my actions show that I truly believe that these are the last days and that the end of Satan’s rule is near?”

Page 16, paragraph 16 – “Remember, someday the Memorial we observe will be the final one.”

Page 19, paragraph 11 - “All of us can have a share in supporting the work that Jehovah is accomplishing in these last days.”

Page 22, paragraphs 1 & 2 - “WE LIVE in a time of human history that is truly unique...Yet, the inspired Scriptures also foretold that in our day,.....“In the last days........”

Page 26, paragraphs 19 & 20 - “After some 6,000 years of human misery, Satan’s world is coming to its end........our ranks are growing every year. This is evidence that God’s Kingdom reigns and will soon bring to earth unimaginable blessings.”

Page 27, paragraph 2 -These last days are a time of moral chaos.” (“last days” are repeatedly mentioned in this article)

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Page 11, paragraph 19 - “As this system nears its end,....”

After 100s of years overlapping(tm) into the distant future.

Page 13, paragraph 5 - “Do my actions show that I truly believe that these are the last days and that the end of Satan’s rule is near?”

Obviously, the GB don't because they invented the hilarious 'overlapping generations(tm)'. They are 2 faced scammers.

Page 16, paragraph 16 – “Remember, someday the Memorial we observe will be the final one.”

Everything is limited in time or availability. I've already attended my final(tm) memorial back in 2010.

Page 19, paragraph 11 - “All of us can have a share in supporting the work that Jehovah is accomplishing in these last days.”

IE. Give us your bloody money...NOW!

Page 22, paragraphs 1 & 2 - “WE LIVE in a time of human history that is truly unique...Yet, the inspired Scriptures also foretold that in our day,.....“In the last days........”

All times in human history are unique. Scriptures? Inspired? I prefer Norse legend to that Bible stuff. Odin is my guy! (Thor's pretty cool too).

Page 26, paragraphs 19 & 20 - “After some 6,000 years of human misery, Satan’s world is coming to its end........our ranks are growing every year. This is evidence that God’s Kingdom reigns and will soon bring to earth unimaginable blessings.”

A very fundy 6,000 years dogma. Didn't anybody tell those idiots that Satan doesn't exist? Oh wait. They need him to exist so they can scam money. Ranks growing? Is that why they're not producing a yearbook any more? If any lunatic faith is growing, it ain't the jobos. 'Unimaginable(tm)' as in totally imaginary that they can't even describe it.

Page 27, paragraph 2 -These last days are a time of moral chaos.” (“last days” are repeatedly mentioned in this article)

Just repeat it watchtower, Wash rinse repeat for total brainwashing. Tell a lie so many times that people finally believe it.

Their doom and gloom message is just trying to frighten their victims into giving more money to the corporation.

• Annon
    Annon

"A WORLD does not end every day! Not since the great flood of Noah’s time has a “world” or system of things for governing the affairs of all mankind passed out of existence. But now, by occurrence of every detail of the great sign Jesus gave, we know that we face the imminent end of the present world system"

- Watchtower 1st December 1952 (p709)

Just as others have said it is easier to get scared sheep to do what they are told.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The Watchtower Corporation has been a fear mongering apocalyptic Publishing cult for over 100 years , it has framed its power structure and operation upon that premise and as you can see its has nowhere else to go but to continue upon that insidious corrupt path.

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

"the imminent end" - perpetual false prophets of doom!

The imminent end was 65 years ago - time to retire your fairy story, WTBTS.

(Deuteronomy 18:20-22) “‘If any prophet (WTBTS) presumptuously speaks a word in my name that I did not command him to speak.....that prophet (WTBTS) must die. When the prophet speaks in the name of Jehovah (only J.W.'s speak in the name of "Jehovah") and the word is not fulfilled or does not come true, then Jehovah did not speak that word. The prophet spoke it presumptuously. You should not fear him.’

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

WT 1967 - 50 years ago...

We today live in critical times. These are the “last days” of this wicked system of things. Already over fifty-two years have passed since the Kingdom’s establishment in heaven in 1914. The end of six thousand years of human history is very close. The physical facts that mark our time as the “conclusion of the system of things” are unmistakable. (Matt. 24:3) It is a time of great urgency. Do we believe it? The fact is that some who profess to believe it may lose out on the blessings of God’s new system of things because they are not keeping their minds and hearts fixed on the hope ahead.
    WT 1973 - 44 years ago...
    If you are one of Jehovah’s dedicated witnesses, you believe that the generation of people now living is in its “last days.” You believe that it is urgent to help others to become approved servants of Jehovah God and put themselves in line for surviving the coming world “tribulation” that will bring the “last days” to their end. You also believe that it is God’s will that “all sorts of men should be saved and come to an accurate knowledge of truth.” (1 Tim. 2:4) Does what you believe about the “last days,” the coming “tribulation,” and God’s purpose for man stir you to activity? Does your whole way of life demonstrate that you really believe that these are the “last days” and that people’s lives are in danger?
    WT - 1986 - 31 years ago
    Fulfillment of Bible prophecy indicates that we are living in the last days of this wicked world, or system of things. This generation has seen the fulfillment of Jesus’ great prophecy regarding his presence and the conclusion of this system of things: wars, earthquakes, famines, pestilences, increase of lawlessness, and the preaching of the good news of God’s Kingdom. (Matthew 24:1-35; Luke 21:10, 11) That pinpoints our time as the last days of this wicked world.
    KM - 5/84 - 33 years ago
    These are the last days; theocratic expansion is taking place everywhere, and potential for further increase is no doubt indicated in your congregation’s recent Memorial attendance.—Isa. 60:22; Mark 13:10.
    Need I say more....

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

I think what its saying is we fired all our writers and and just cut and paste from old articles

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Overlapping End (tm).

Cult.

G.

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

Reasonable question for J.W's to ask themselves, their Elders, or even (heaven forbid!) the org's "faithful slave" :

"If the end is so imminent, why go to all the time, trouble, and (sheep's) expense to sell off the world HQ and the U.K. properties and build new ones? Why not replace them with the White House and Buckingham Palace as soon as Armageddon is over?" Duh!

• sir82
    sir82

Seems like if the end is so gawd-amighty close, then the WTS won't need any more money.

Listen up JWs! The end is near! No need to contribute any more to the WTS!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit