Hidden Talents

by Paradise Found 17 Replies latest jw friends

• garybuss
    garybuss
    Did being a Witness bring out any hidden talents in you.

I didn't know I could kick a door that hard on the way out. They revealed my door kicking talent.

• larc
    larc

Yep, public speaking was good. I went on to teach at a college, and talking for an hour at a time was easy for me.

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

It brought out patience while counting ceiling tiles.

CG

• Maggie
    Maggie

Panda, I can't agree with you...you were always to loving to do that....I miss you...if anyone one used to guilt trip on you it was us.....remember how you told us that if we smoked we would go out and have a cig too...maybe we all should have...maggie

• shotgun
    shotgun

I held my breath all my life...that's the only reason I can think of for my years of rectal cranial inversion.

Most dubs still suffer from this affliction.

• alias
    alias
    Did being a Witness bring out any hidden talents in you.

No, but leaving did. I finally had the time to start discovering them! artloveralias

• alias
    alias

But, I should give credit where credit is due. The TMS and "speech" counseling actually helped with much of the presentation and public speaking I've done. After taking a college speech class, I realized how similiar the training is.

Not a hidden talent though, a learned skill that people can learn to become good at in a variety of ways.

alias

• Sassy
    Sassy

I have been trying to think of something.. maybe patience with other people, kindness and caring..

The thing is those qualities are ones that they tell us a Christian should possess.. Most of us can complain about a lack of love we experienced, but just because that we experienced that, isn't that we were taught to be that way (SHUNNING NOT INCLUDED IN THAT STATEMENT AND IS ANOTHER STORY).. but we were taught to be good people and love our neighbors. I really did try to be that way.. and despite the fact that my 'so called friends' treated me badly when I left.. that wasn't who I am and if the shoe had been on the other foot, I wouldn't have done that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit